SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

For those with induction, is there a learning curve?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am asking because I am trying to decide on a 24” range for my guest house that will also be an occasional short term rental. The gurus on the Aibnb forums say a smoothtop range is the easiest to quickly clean between renters. But the regular electric smoothtops can be a hazard for people who don’t realize the top stays hot for a while even after turned off. So I was thinking a regular gas range would be better and I would just have to allow for a bit more time to clean. However, Haier just came out with a 24” induction range, so now I’m back to the option of a smoothtop. Having never had an induction I wasn’t sure if it was something the non-user would be able to get used to over the course of a short stay. We would be providing all the cookware in the space.

On an aesthetic note, I like the gas range I was thinking about because it has a retro look, whereas the induction one is very modern in comparison. The space is a cabin in the mountains so the retro seemed like a cuter option, but in this case I think function beats form.

Haier

Unique

Comments (15)