SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brooke_kluemper98

Exterior Paint Colors for Dutch Colonial

Brooke Kluemper
2 years ago

I would love feedback on exterior paint color scheme for my house. I want to leave the brick and the garage doors as is. The house is primarily east-facing.

Everything else is getting painted: siding, windows (including mullions), fascia, soffits, gutters, shutters, doors (eventually want to replace front door). I love white board & batten and trim, and I like urbane bronze as a possible accent color (garage doors are already a similar color and in great condition) and maybe a lighter tan/gray for shutters and doors. I really like dark gutters and downspouts. I am split between dark bronze windows or all white windows. If I did dark windows, would the window trim be dark, or just the sashes? Would I leave the sunroom windows white so that the house is more balanced? It's hard to see in the photo, but the bay window also stumps me... There are three more bay windows on the back of the house. Should they be painted one solid color, or window sashes and trim two different colors?

The roof is not getting replaced - it's a great quality roof and has lots of life left. Sometimes it looks brown and sometimes charcoal.

Sunroom below:

I'm having trouble finding inspiration photos that look like our house, especially with unpainted brick. I think the brick is very pretty - it has a very light touch of German schmear. If the brick is super problematic, I may be convinced to paint it. Please don't zoom in on the landscaping - we just moved in a couple months ago and it's a work in progress - we will bring it all back to life! :) Thanks in advance for your input.

Comments (11)