SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danielle_selk

Long, narrow living room - furniture layout

Danielle
2 years ago

I'm looking for advice for furniture layout and furniture options for my living room. It is 12' W and 18' L. We are soon to be a family of four and this is where we spend most of our time, but the seating is limited and it's not very cozy. I will likely replace the sectional with a longer backed, L-shaped sectional, but am open to other options. We may temporarily move our basement sectional upstairs (see second picture) for the time being to have more seating for when baby comes. I recently returned a cuddler chair so seating is currently very limited. Here's a few other points:
- Tv will stay there for now. Maybe eventually we could have it mounted on the long wall.
- I would like a sofa and loveseat, but don't want the railing, window, or "entrance" to the living room blocked off. A loveseat seems to be too long.
- left facing or right facing sectional? Right would keep it open, but would block off the window a bit (I would keep the length of this part shorter than a loveseat). Left facing would block off the entrance a bit, but would be nice for watching tv and separating the awkward space with the dresser
- we will eventually renovate the kitchen, which is behind the horse picture. We would like to have this open
- I would likely add an accent chair and get a larger rug
What would you do to maximize this space?

Comments (2)