SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
douglashughey

Looking for help with furniture layout in long, narrow family room

douglashughey
3 years ago

My family room is 20 ft long by 11 ft 6 in wide. We'd like to replace the furniture in the near future, and I'm trying to figure out the best layout, so I can buy the right pieces. I am including a scaled drawing, showing both the current furniture layout and the empty room, including measurements. You can see in the current furniture layout that there's a lot of dead space between the couch and the love seat. But I'm not sure the room is quite big enough to comfortably create two zones.

Some clarifications: The object on the right wall is a fireplace. The double doors are to the patio. We don't need the second door to open necessarily, but the full-length windows in those doors are the only natural light to the room, so we don't want to block that light. The TV and stand stay. The TV is wall-mounted (although can be moved), but I have other AV equipment that the stand is needed for. We don't want the TV above the fireplace for ergonomic reasons. And we're a family of four, so need a minimum of 4 seats that can comfortably see the TV.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)