FOTESS OCTOBER~~HUNGRY AS A WOLF....LET'S TALK CHOW

canyonwind
18 days ago

Happy OCTOBER FOTESSERS!!

~~~~HUNGRY AS A WOLF....LET'S TALK CHOW~~~

Signs up through October 8

Partners posted October 9

Please send by October 23

We shall be focusing on food this month. I, for one, have been doing very little cooking but that is pretty usual for me during the hot Summer months. Good food seems to taste better during the Fall and Winter months. So here we go.......

Regarding the swap send......

*you will make your partner a card that is somehow food related.....use your imagination.

*please include two packets of commercial seeds....if you know your partner enjoys growing vegetables or herbs, send vegetables or herbs. If you know your partner prefers flowers over vegetables or herbs, send flowers. It would be a great idea, if when you sign up, you post what you prefer.

AND

Since we are talking CHOW this month of October....

Then Let's Talk Chow!!

You will be required to post here various recipes by a given date.

Please post an enticing, delectable APPETIZER between Oct 9 and Oct 13

Please post an amazing SIDE DISH between Oct 14 and Oct 18

Please post an incredible MAIN DISH between Oct 19 and Oct 23

Please post a sinful DESSERT between Oct 24 and Oct 27

The recipes do not have to be difficult or ornate. Food is so personal. There is nothing better than a recipe that talks to you and then tastes so darn good. Part of the art and joy of cooking is getting refreshed with a new and maybe unique recipe or idea. Be adventurous and have fun. You do not have to prepare the dish for show BUT............................................................LOL!

OK, that is your month of OCTOBER you little WOLFETTES.

I will have games, of course. Wolfette Annie needs to put her thinking fur on.

Happy Eve!!

Annie

Comments (145)

• pinkiris
    5 days ago

THE BEST butter lettuce wraps with roasted peppers and onions with cashew lime cream.

• ruthz
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

amazing SIDE DISH

This is always a favorite at our house

Mashed/Smashed potatoes

Boil potatoes in water until just done, skin on or off

Drain

Add

butter

sour cream

garlic powder, salt & pepper

Mash with with potato masher

Add heavy cream or milk if needed

Sorry no measurements. Everything is to taste.

And No, I don't make this very rich dish often.

But probably no worse than a baked potato with fixins.

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
    5 days ago

Wolfetta Annie, too funny...raw meat! No, I was referring to the raw food diet that includes nuts and fresh fruits and vegetables. Ruth and Jayeanne, you two are doing great at guessing. I can't wait to see what it is. I love the next game....very creative!

5 days ago

Here is my side dish recipe. I have made this twice this season and it is a keeper. I used butter not ghee. My family loved it, and I hope you will try it too. Enjoy!!

Ruth, your potatoes sound delicious and I make a very similar dish but only for the holidays.

Herb-Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash

Source: therealfooddietitians.com

INGREDIENTS

• 1 large or 2 small acorn squash
    • ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese + more for garnishing
    • 2–3 Tbsp. fresh herbs or 1 tsp. dried (we suggest: thyme, sage, rosemary, or oregano)
    • 1 Tbsp. ghee or butter, melted
    • ½ tsp. garlic powder
    • ¼ tsp. salt + more to taste
    • ⅛ tsp. black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 400℉.
    Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Then slice each half into ½-inch thick slices.
    In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss to combine.
    Transfer to a large sheet pan. Using your hands, gently press parmesan cheese onto the squash for maximum coverage.
    Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until squash is cooked through and parmesan cheese is crispy and slightly browned. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and herbs, if desired.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 days ago

Wolfetta Ruth and Wolfetta Jayeanne....BUZZ on your guesses HOT MAST and THE BEST.....out of curiosity Wolfetta Ruth, what is HOT MAST? I love learning new things.....educate me!!

*hint....I eat one the words all the time. Many, many people do, I would not be surprised if each Wolfetta eats this often. The other word...I am very sure each of the Wolfies enjoy. Remember, these 2 words together is not the norm.

I have received one entry for Name Your Cookbook from Wolfetta Ruth....Thank you!!

Great side dishes......Wolfe Susan and Wolfie Ruth.......Mashed/Smashed Potatoes.... and Herb Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash. Thank you!! You are all fine little cookies!!

I have some crafting thingies I need to do outside, so I will check in with you later! Happy guessing Wolfetta's.

Wolfetta Annie

• ruthz
    5 days ago

“Mast” are the fruits, seeds and nuts of trees and shrubs, which are eaten by wildlife. “Hard mast” are nut-like seeds, such as acorns, hickory nuts, beech nuts and beaked hazelnuts (our native hazelnut). “Soft mast” are fruits and berries like blackberries, blueberries and apples. While there are many green plants, insects and other seasonal treats to eat in the summertime, many wildlife species rely on mast in the late summer and fall to fatten up for the winter or to migrate.

I love acorn squash. I'll have to try that recipe. I normally just roast with maybe butter and a little something sweet like maple syrup, coconut sugar or brown sugar. I do put parmesan cheese, herbs and butter on my spaghetti squash.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 days ago

I forgot to post today's Christmas song....by Celine Dion...great song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wyun2AZQ8

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 days ago

Wolfetta Ruth......very interesting!! I had no idea. Thank you for the information and education. I love learning. I feel I should have known that but...well...I did not. The more I learn, the more I realize, I know nothing at all.....LOL!

• ruthz
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

nut / meat / butter / lettuce / wraps /

WITH

roasted / peppers / AND / onions /

WITH

cashew / lime / cream

Annie, growing up in the N. Georgia mountains, I ate more than my share of wild Hickory nuts, blackberries and blueberries.

• sandlapper_rose
    5 days ago

I didn't know about mast either so it is good to learn new things. I love acorn squash and have made mashed potatoes in a similar style so two great recipes. Here's mine.

SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and mix the following

3 cups cooked sweet potatoes (mashed)

1 cup sugar

1/2 stick butter

1 tsp. vanilla extract

Add milk to make this just barely able to be poured and not too soupy. I usually put this in a casserole type dish that is safe to go in the oven.

Add the topping before baking by blending the ingredients well until crumbly and adding the topping over the sweet potato mixture.

Topping

1 cup flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans are excellent)

1/2 stick of softened butter

Bake until topping is light brown and crunchy.

(I usually decrease the amount of sugar added to the sweet potatoes so it is closer to 1/3 cup. Maybe it differs if your sweet potatoes are not extra sweet. This recipe is a favorite of mine for Thanksgiving.)

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    5 days ago

Wolfetta Ruth......DING.....DING.....DING.....you got it!! Congrats!! 4 more points for Wolfie Ruth.

THE WHATEVER GAME

Thus far.....

Wolfetta Ruth...... 8 points

Wolfetta Margo......3 points

Wolfetta Susan.....2 poits

Wolfetta Jayeanne.... 1 point

We are not done with the THE WHATEVER GAME...... yet. There are still "whatevers" to uncover haha. I will put up question # 6 in the AM. I think I will take us out of the kitchen for the next Q.

Thank you Jeanne for your side, Sweet Potato Souffle. Gosh I love this stuff with pecans.

Wolfetta Ruth, a Q.....what does a HIckory Nut taste like? Pecan, Walnut, Brazil or ????? I am raher curious.

Happy Eve!!

Wolfetta Annie

• pinkiris
    5 days ago

Yay, Wolfettie Ruth! LOL ... that was a tough one lol. I was in the same boat as Wolfettie Susan ... we were just canoeing upstream ...eating all these delicious appetizers that were posted... trying to catch all my ducks that swam off ... LOL

Wolfettie Susan ... my ducks are back in a row ... your package was mailed. If u need tracking info, lmk.

5 days ago

Congratulations Wolfetta Ruth. That was a tough one indeed. Sounds delicious too Wolfetta Annie.

I love all of these recipes we are sharing. Wolfetta Jeanne I will have to try your sweet potato recipe for Thanksgiving

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    4 days ago

Wolfetta Ruth......your Baker Creek seed delivery is looking to be on Mon., Oct 18.........

USPS tr # 9400 1368 9523 2466 9918 74

THE WHATEVER GAME

Question # 6

Let the Wolfetta's journey over to DIVISION 1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL........

Wolfetta Annie plays FANTASY COLLEGE FOOTBALL every year. I had to choose 8 teams for my FANTASY FOOTBALL card. You must tell me which 8 teams I chose. Each team is given a $ amount....for example, Alabama was tagged at I believe $2,050.000.00 as they were ranked top at the beginning of the season. Some teams might be only $350,000.00. I am only allowed to spend a total of 10 million dollars. I only mention these large amounts of $$$$, so you have a little background.

Your task.....what 8 football teams did I choose?

3 points for each team you guess correctly......24 points total are on the line

HINT......I did NOT choose Alabama. I did NOT choose my beloved Notre Dame. I did not choose any West Coast teams. If memory serves correctly, there is one team I chose that is in a state I have never visited.

I have included a link below which includes all of the teams that I had to choose from. This link does not include the $ amounts for each team. That is not necessary as this is strictly a GUESSING game. Venture down the page and you will see FOOTBALL BOWL SUBDIVISION PROGRAMS.....there is a list of the teams.....I think around 130 of them. Hope this shows up for you. GOOD LUCK

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_programs

I am out for the afternoon today, so I may not check back in until tonight.

NAME YOUR COOKBOOK.......

I received another entry from Wofetta Jayeanne. Thank you!

Cookbook names received from the following thus far.....

*Wolfetta Ruth

*Wolfetta Jayeanne

Wolfetta Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    4 days ago

Packages Sent......

Wolfetta Annie SENT to Wolfetta Ruth

Wolfetta Jayeanne SENT to Wolfetta Susan N

Did I miss anyone?

• sandlapper_rose
    4 days ago

I just sent you a cookbook name and a list of college football teams.

Hope you've had a good day, Annie!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    4 days ago
    last modified: 4 days ago

Wolfetta Jeanne sent me her 8 college teams via PM.....She got 2 correct but I am not going to tell you which ones they were.

Wolfetta's send me your 8 teams PM or email.....pronto.

Thus far

Wolfetta Jeanne.....6 points ....good work Jeanne

And I recieved Wolfetta Jeannes cookbook name......Thank you.

NAME YOUR COOKBOOK....

names received this far

Wolfetta Ruth

Wolfetta Jayeanne

Wolfetta Jeanne

Wolfetta Susan

4 days ago

I sent you a PM Wolfetta Annie with my football team guesses and cookbook name

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    4 days ago
    last modified: 4 days ago

OK, Wolfetta's.....I received Football picks via PM from Wolfie Ruth, Wolfie Jayeanne and Wolfie Susan.....and received picks from Wolfie Jeanne earlier.

Well, no one guessed all of my teams.....that is A-OK. For every team you guess correctly, you get points. You will only know the teams you chose....no one else will except ME.

Wolfetta Jeanne chose 2 teams correctly.....6 points (Clemson and Georgia)....Jeanne, choose 6 more teams that you think are on my list of 8 and PM/email me with them.

Wolfetta Ruth had an even better round with 3 correct selections......that is 9 points (Clemson, Oklahoma and Pittsburg).....Pitt, good call Ruth. Ruth, choose 5 more teams that you think are on my list of 8 and PM/email me with them. As well, Ruth gets 1 additional point because she won this round

Wolfetta Susan N.....well, I don't what to say. You busted on this round. You did not guess any team correctly. But because I am so nice and I had a great day...... I am in a generous, giving mood...LOL!! I am giving you 4 free picks. Please choose 4 teams that you think are on my list of 8 and PM/email me with them.

Wolfetta Jayeanne chose 2 teams correctly......6 points (Georgia and Oklahoma). Jayeanne please choose 6 teams that you think are on my list of 8 and PM/email me with them.

So we know that Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma and Pittsburg are four of my 8 teams.

Football Points thus far....

Wolfetta Jeanne.....6 points

Wolfetta Ruth.....9 points plus 1 bonus point = 10 points

Wolfetta Susan......0 points......please don't feel bad, there is hope for you....LOL!

Wolfetta Jayeanne.....6 points

And some hints for you.....each hint below is for a different football team that is one of the remaining four teams

*if my husband was still alive, we might have moved to where this football team lives....lovely area

*a tragedy

*I thought this team would do better than they are doing this year

*I really like this state where this team lives

OK Wolfetta's. go to it.

Any Q's please ask....hoping this is not to confusing for you.

And I received Susan N's cook book name......Thank you..

I need to go water the front......and I think I will have a glass of vino.

Wolfetta

• sandlapper_rose
    3 days ago

Trying to think ahead, ladies, so I posted the sign up list for hostesses in 2022. Please consider signing up for a month or two. As you know we keep most of the swaps so they are quite simple and really have fun playing our games.

Is anyone else like me and it doesn't seem that long ago that the year 2000 was here!

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6188660/fotess-swaps-hostess-sign-ups-by-month-for-2022

3 days ago

Good morning Wolfetta Annie. I sent you an email with the other 4 new guesses a few minutes ago. Thanks for the additional clues. Hope I did a little better this time.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

OK Wolfettas's......I just sent Jayeanne, and Jeanne a PM in with a response. You can not choose teams that we know are on my list of 8.....no picking Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia or Pitt. I gave Jayeanne and Jeanne instruction in PM.

I rec Wolfetta Susan PM.......you did get one correct but will not reveal until Jayeanne and Jeanne resend picks.....the other matter you mentioned....A-OK....got it.

Wolfetta Ruth.....rec your picks.....hold your horses, you will find out sooooooon how you did

So Jeanne and Jayeanne, check your PM. I will give results of this round after I hear from both of you.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

OK Wolfetta Jayeanne, I rec your PM

Waiting on Wolfetta Jeanne to respond to my PM....., as if she has nothing better to do.

I don't know about you Wolfies....but this PM system is a downer. Most of the time it takes me about 5 times to send.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 days ago

Logged back in so I'm sending you more. For some reason I could read your message and then I went to this board and couldn't read the message again so sending teams anyway.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago
    last modified: 3 days ago

Wolfetta Jeanne....rec your PM.

OK Wolfies here is the scoop.

Wolfetta Susan N is the only person who guessed correctly......3 points (Texas A & M). As well, you get 1 bonus point for winning this round 2.....total 4 points

So out of the picking....Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas A & M, Pittsburg and Georgia. Do not pick them. There are 3 teams left to complete my fantasty card of 8.

Wolfetta Jeanne......choose 6 new teams....PM/email to me

Wolfetta Ruth......choose 5 new teams....PM/email to me

Wolfetta Jayeanne......choose 6 new teams.......PM/email to me

Wolfetta Susan N......choose 3 new teams......PM/email to me

Football points thus far.......

Jayeanne......6 pts

Jeanne......6 pts

Roth......10 pts .....inc 1 bonus pt

Susan.....4 pts....inc 1 bonus pt

So there are 3 teams left to pick......one hint for each team

hints.....

*airplane.

*it can snow here

*a famous entertainer who used to be popular on TV went here....I am quite sure ( I thinK ), that you have all heard of this man

OK...Wolfetta's, you know what you need to

I have some guys coming over to give me some estimates, I will be back when he is done and I am broke...LOL

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Wolfetta Ruth, I received your PM with your teams...waiting on the other Wolfies....to send me PM.

with there selections.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

I almost forgot to post my side dish...bad ,e!

Side dish.....I have not tried this cream corn but I love cream corn.....this is from Mel's Kitchen Cafe....love her site

DELICIOUS PARMESAN CREAM CORN 8 SERVINGS:

20 ounces (about 5 cups) frozen or fresh white or yellow corn kernels
    1 cup cream
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 cup milk
    2 tablespoons flour
    1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
    In a medium saucepan, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
    Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until the butter is melted.
    In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk and flour until smooth (can also blend to avoid any lumps).
    Add the milk mixture to the corn, stirring quickly, and cook over medium heat until the creamed corn is thick and bubbly.
    Remove from the heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
    Serve. The creamed corn will thicken as it cools. It can be kept warm on low in a slow cooker (or in the oven at 200 degrees) for up to an hour before serving.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Wolfetta Susan....just rec your PM.....sent you one back.....read.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Wolfetta Susan....rec your pm.....great!

For Round 3 of the football picks.......

I have picks from Wolfetta Ruth and Wolfetta Susan N.......waiting on pm from Wolfetta Jeanne and Wolfetta Jayeanne and Wolfetta Margo if she wants to play.

Wolfies Jayeanne and Jeanne and Margo(if you like) , I will give you until 7pm Pacific time (10pm Eastern). If I don't hear from you, this round will just be Ruth and Susan.

Wolfetta Jayeanne, if you are having a problem posting and you can read this....just call me with your picks. I know you have my #

• sandlapper_rose
    3 days ago

Annie, my Messages here on Houzz must be messed up. I sent another list to you this afternoon. Not sure I made notes, but I will send 6 - whether they are the same as earlier or not, I don't know.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Jeanne, rec your pm...I just PM you back.....read. You sent me your previous list of 6.....you don't want to do that. Pick a new list of 6....remember no Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas A & M, Pittsburg or Clemson

Jayeanne, is trying to PM me....I can tell

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

OK Wolfetta Jayeanne has sent her picks.

I am going to wait for Wolfetta Jeanne to send ....even if it is LATE. This is a group effort and we must all stick together....LOL!

• pinkiris
    3 days ago

QUEEN WOLFETTA ANNIE... YES ... trying to pm on here has been quite the struggle...at least for me. Im sure my messages are getting cut off.

WOLFETTA Susan... I think your fotess package has been delivered or at least that is the update I got. Many times here my packages im waiting on here say delivered only to be delivered days later. I do hope u got it OK.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 days ago

My message to you got sent as soon as I posted it so that was an hour ago. Have no idea what is going on. I can't see any sign of the ones I sent so really don't know which teams I listed. If they make it to you, great - if not, no problem.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 days ago

Tried again.

• smitties
    3 days ago

I’m often searching for axquick side dish when dinner gets started late. This works well.

Glazed ranch carrots

2 pounds fresh baby carrots

1/2 cup butter, cubed

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix

Minced fresh parsley, optional

1. Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
    2. In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salad dressing mix until blended. Add carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.

Wolfetta Annie-I did not do the foorball guesses because I have no clue on it because I do not follow football at all.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Woolfetta Jeanne......go it!!

Well, Woolfetta's, look at the clock.....it is 7:10pm Pacific....not bad!

OK.......Round 3

Woolfetta Ruth......nada this round..

Woolfetta Jayeanne.......nada this round

Woolfetta Susan.......ya got one.....(Marshall) 3 points plus 1 bonus point = 4 pts

Woolfetta Jeanne ......ya got one...... (Boise State) 3 points plus 1 bonus point = 4 pts

I am giving Susan and Jeanne each a bonus point as they each guesses one team correctly.

OK, Wolfettas, there is one team left...who is it??

Each of you are to send me via PM/email 6 teams.......

Remember to not pick Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A & M, Pittsburg, Marshall, or Boise Srare. And don't send names of teams that were losers for you in previous rounds. In other words, pick teams you have NOT chosen before but not Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A & M, Pittsburg, Marshall or Boise State

*Hint.....this is the school that I mentioned earlier.....an entertainer who was very well known on TV went HERE. Not that it matters BUT, I used to really like him and watched him often. BUT then he got to political for the TV....mean and rude. TV is not politics to me....it is entertainment. He really turned me off. I do hope that I do not offend anyone with this but....... HE went to this school.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Woolfetta's, I forgot to say....

Please send me you 6 football picks via PM/Email ASAP

Glazed Ranch Carrots....thank you Margo....ranch salad dressing mix....yum...this sounds great

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Wolfetta Susan,,,rec your 6 teams via PM....TY.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    3 days ago

I forgot to post football points thus far...

Wolfetta Ruth,,,,,,10 points

Wolfetta Jayeanne....6 points

Wolfetta Susan...... 8 points

Wolfetta Jeanne.....10 points

AND PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM INCORRECT ON POINTS.

These points will eventually be added to your previous WHATEVER points. BUT remember, the game is not over until it is over. After footballl...we have more fun...I bet you can't wait....LOL!!!!!

And I received 6 teams via PM from Wolfetta Jayeanne.....

Wolfetta Ruth and Wolfetta Jeanne, PM me your 6 teams when you get a chance. You guys are probably in bed....smart place to be.

And Wolfetta Margo, before you head out of town try and PM me "Name Your Cookbook" name....details about that a few days ago.

I am off to watch a movie.......I am in the mood for a good romantic flick.

TATA

2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

I received my INCREDIBLE package from Jayeanne. She sent me an amazing assortment of commercial flower seeds, (can’t wait to plant these next Spring), a wonderful Pumpkins, Fall, Family and Football wooden sign, (I am going to add this to my Fall decor collection and cherish it always!), a wonderful dip bowl with spreader perfect for Fall AND Halloween (It’s just perfect and I needed one of these!), a scrumptious Moose Munch popcorn treat (Milk Chocolate), and a beautiful Halloween cookie card filled with confetti. Thank you so much Wolfetta Jayeanne, everything is just perfect, and you spoiled me! You didn't have to send all of that, but it will all be used and cherished my friend!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Packages sent/rec thus far....

Jayeanne SENT to Susan N.....RECEIVED

Annie SENT to Ruth

Football Picks....... Round 4

Football picks received last night from Wofetta Ruth, Wolfetta Jayeanne and Wolfetta Susan

I did not receive from Wolfetta Jeanne.

Ruth, Jayeanne and Susan, none of you guessed the last football team on my fantasty football card.

Each of you and Jeanne, please choose 6 teams and PM/email to me ASAP.

THIS round will be 5 points

HINTS FOR YOU...... *this team won yesterday

* I have not been to the state where this school resides

*this football team has only won one post season bowl game in its history and this victory was a win over a ranked CA team.....since 2017

*tweet, tweet

I have to leave today and will not be back unti

l Wednesday. I would love to wrap this "football" fun up before I leave today. THE WHATEVER GAME will continue when I return on Wednesday. Wolfettas's, you get a well deserved break from me....LOL!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Wolfetta's, we will finish the "football" when I return..... I have to leave shortly.

Jayeanne, Jeanne, Susan PM me your 6 picks by Wednesday. I have Ruth's picks.

And remember between Oct 19 and Oct 23 to post your main dishes.

Enjoy peace......be happy!!

Until Wednesday......tata

Wolfetta Annie

• pinkiris
    2 days ago

SIDE DISH

HONEY ROASTED CARROTS

10/12 whole carrots peeled or unpeeled

4 TBL Olive Oil

2/3 Cup honey

Sea Salt and cracked black pepper to your taste

*cajun seasoning

* pepperoncini peppers

Preheat oven to 350

Place carrots into glass baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, pour on honey, then season to taste with salt/pepper. * I also add cajun seasoning* Mix until evenly coated.

Bake in preheated oven just until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

*I also add a couple pepperoncini peppers to this*

THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, I SERVE THESE OFTEN.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Real quick....

Wolfetta Jayeanne and Wolfetta Jeanne....rec your picks......Wolfetta Susan, send by Wed.

Another delicious side dish from Wolfetta Jayeanne....Honey Roasted Carrots.. TY

Happy Sunday!! My Fair Lady, here I come!!

Wolfetta

• smitties
    2 days ago

Sent my cookbook title

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Wolfetta Margo...rec your cookbook title ...ty

• sandlapper_rose
    yesterday

Margo, I mailed your swap today. Hope it gets to you just fine. This was my first time going to the Cary post office. It didn't wow me - just a regular wait in line post office. At least I found it and found my way home.

• ruthz
    16 hours ago
    last modified: 16 hours ago

Please post an incredible MAIN DISH between Oct 19 and Oct 23

Here's mine

Everybody that I've cooked this for loves it, ant it's so easy

This is the original recipe that I got online.

No Peek Casserole

2 lbs stew meat ( i use 3 lbs)
    1 can Campbell's Chicken Mushroom Soup
    1/2 cup Gingerale
    1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
    1 4 oz jar mushrooms, drained (optional)

Preheat oven to 300. Comebine ALL ingredients (DO NOT
    brown meat and DO NOT dilute soup with water)
    together. Mix well. It will be lumpy before it's
    cooked. Pour into a casserole dish and cover. Bake 2 1/2 to
    3 hours. DON't PEEK!! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed
    potatoe's.

This is how I make it.

No Peek Casserole

4 lbs stew meat
    1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can Gingerale
    1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Put everything in a crock pot and cook for 4 to 6 hours.

Serve over mashed potatoes.

We were in PA. in Feb. 2020 visiting my MIL. I made her twenty something meals that I labeled and froze. I wish I had made more but we didn't know at the time that the pandemic would prevent us from going back for so long. This was one of her very favorites.

Annie, received your envelope yesterday, but no Baker Creek yet. Waiting to open.

Forgot to answer what Hickory nuts taste like. It's been so long since I had them I'm not sure I remember. I would say a cross between pecan and brazil maybe. Very buttery rich.

Jeanne, your envelope has been mailed

• ruthz
    13 hours ago

Okay both packages are here now. Will open and post pictures a little later after dinner.

Sponsored
NV Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars99 Reviews
Montgomery County's Most Experienced Kitchen & Bath Remodelers