SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicjoe

Help with awkward living room layout

vicjoe
2 years ago

Hello all. I'm currently in process of buying this townhome on a small lake. It will be a vacation rental. The living room is causing me a bit of stress trying to figure out the ideal setup. you can see in the pictures that the dominant feature is the massive stone fireplace that runs floor to ceiling and is set on one end of the broad side of this living space. The TV is high on the mantle, which is not ideal IMO. I want to move the TV likely to the wall behind the the two lighter colored chairs in background on some type of console table. Trying to figure out the ideal setup for a couch or sectional and a few chairs. Currently thinking of placing a couch perpendicular to the fireplace on the side further from the tv/console wall with maybe two chairs (maybe swivel) that would then face the couch with a table in between them. The chairs and couch would be facing each other with fireplace on the side. The swivel chairs would make it so that they could turn and face TV if needed. Large wall on the side of fireplace would likely be decorative. Thought maybe even some type of wallpaper with hanging mirror etc. Maybe not. There's also a day room that was formerly an outdoor deck that overlooks the lake. You can see it as the space right after the fireplace and small wall. Trying to figure out how to stage and set this area up so as to draw your eyes to it when you enter the property. Anyway - this is really my first time taking the reigns as far as decorating. I've watched quite a few videos and such. Just want to see if any of you pros might have any suggestions. Also - I'm thinking of going with an "antique white" for walls with possibility of doing a different color in the day room. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. These are pics from the seller BTW

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH