SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Wednesday's Brain Game on Tuesday!----SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I don't know why Sunday's answers aren't coming to the top, but they're there. I'm posting tomorrow's today as I have to leave for Toronto early am for the day. I'll be sure to post the answers Wed. evening though, unlike last night.

Comments (54)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Got C2.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

And C1!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Pretty sure I have them all!

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Second guessing A3, seems fo me there are a couple things to do wirh that

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I'm confident in my answer for A3 and think it's the correct answer. I'm still stuck on C1 and C2.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Still working on C3 and D1.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Stuck on C3 and D1...

• bpath
    2 years ago

Does the puzzle being cut off on the right side affect C3? Or is it solvable as is? (Never mind, I see it cuts off only when I tap the image on the phone)

Also, I just changed my answer to A3. I was not satisfied with my earlier answer, and of course when I looked at it this morning the true answer jumped out at me

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’ve been reconsidering A3 myself. Knowing a good answer jumped out at you will have me thinking about it more.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

C3 is the only one I dont get. Will look again later.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I might have C3.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I do think there's a definitive answer for A3.

For those having trouble with D1, that one jumped out at me immediately without having to even think about it. I wonder if this is one of those things where the answer is less obvious depending on where you live, i.e., if the thing it's referring to is called something else?

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Letters, i think you may be right. The answer i came up with didn’t jump right out at me at first.

And i may now have something for C3, but will have to look up something to see if I’m on the right track as my answer isn’t familiar.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

OutsidePlaying, if you live in the US, your answer should be very familiar; otherwise, maybe not?

I'm still not getting C1 or C2. Clues anyone?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

WARNING HINTS EVEN THOUGH @ WED MORNING IT’S FAR TOO EARLY.

For C1 all I can say is forget everything you’ve tried and start over again. And C2, we don’t like it anymore.

• User
    2 years ago

SPOILER ALERT

lettersatoz, if you have any thoughts for C1 but aren’t getting anywhere, try to forget them. Start all over again from the beginning.. 😀

• blfenton
    2 years ago

HINT included for C3.

I don't have A1 But it must be easy as I'm the only one who is having a problem. I don't have D1 either and unsure of C1. I have an answer for C3 which I suspect is correct and if this Canadian can get it you all should be able to as well. I twigged to it because of what Canada did on Monday.

• User
    2 years ago

Oops, FOAS! We posted at the same time. I agree with C2 also.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Got C2 - thanks! Sorry if my hint request was too early - I figured it's been 24 hours, so if was fair game....maybe not. Plus, I spent way too much time on this yesterday when I should be working. You think you're just going to take a 5 min. break but then all time stands still and before you know it, well.... I won't have that luxury today so needed a shortcut - haha!

Will come back to C1. When it looks like math, I get immediate brain freeze.

• User
    2 years ago

SPOILER ALERT A1

bfenton, because of Monday Canadians will have to do more of this.😃

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, now I’m confused again on C3. I can’t see the Canadian or Monday’s event in my answer. Maybe I need to read my history more. Instead I’ll ask my Canadian DH.

• User
    2 years ago

Hmm, I don’t see a Canadian connection to C3 either. I feel confident with my answer, though.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I don't think bflenton was saying there's a Canadian connection to C3 - I think it was more of a "if even I (as a Canadian) can get it, the rest of you should get it too..."

• bpath
    2 years ago

DH couldn't think of a connection, either, so I'm going to stick with my answer.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

FWIW, it does help to run through all the prepositions that can apply when reading the clues.

• bpath
    2 years ago

So tempted to google things for D1! I shall resist lol and just watch for hints ;)

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Sorry if I confused anyone, just ignore what I said. I tend to not pay attention to clues from others so should take my own advice and not post any.

• User
    2 years ago

blfenton, sometimes confusion is a good thing. It gets your mind working extra hard.🙂

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

HINT ALERT!

For C1, look real hard at the second part of the clue and that might help you figure out the rest. Or maybe just look at the first part and then the other part will make sense.

For C2, it’s not very popular anymore.

Letters, I am in the southern US, so what i looked up as the answer may be correct.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I don't have C3 or D1, but all the rest came to me very quickly.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Outside, C2? Do I have to revise my answer? My brain is definitely having to make U-turns today.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Lars, for C3, just read it as it is printed. But remember, there is more than one word for the sign in the middle.

I was pretty sure yesterday that I had them all, but after reading through today's comments, I'm questioning my answer for D1, so I won't offer any hints on that one.

Rusty

• Lars
    2 years ago

Thanks, Rusty. I got C3 with that clue!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Before Jasdip gets back, any clues for D1?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

bpath you need a hint for that? But you are doing so well!

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I can’t think of a good hint for D1.

Okay, I’ll try.

What kind of food is called that word?

Mick Jagger, said ”It’s only rock and….” but he liked it.

You and FOAS were on one with PAR TAY yesterday. Lol A prolonged spell of fun!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Seriously? I had thrown that one out because the first line needed either a space in the middle or a different spelling.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Bpath, think about how kids spell when texting. . . . . . . (Although I've seen that spelling here at KT, too.)

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

I guess so. Would it be pronounced as two words or as a contraction?

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I finally got D1 but it's thanks to roxsol's hint. I wouldn't have got it except for that. I'll explain once the solutions are posted.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

A-1 Fork over the money

A-2 Too funny for words

A-3 Six of one, half dozen of the other

B-1 Much ado about nothing

B-2 Running out of room

B-3 Booked up

C-1 Back to square run

C-2 Running out of favour

C-3 John Adams

D-1 You are on a roll

D-2 Space cadet

D-3 Think before you speak

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

C2 I think there’s a mistake. Should be fall out of favor, or fall from favor which I had.

I didn’t get A3, not seeing ”other” when the word was ”another.” Bpath and others, what did you have for this one?

And letters, sorry about my early hint comment - I didn’t read the OP completely and thought the answers were only coming tomorrow.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

FOAs, yes, I agree, it should be as you said. I said Falling out of Favor, but Fall from Favor works too.

I used the term ’Another’ in A3 also. That is how I have always said it and that is how it’s written.

And there is a typo for C1, which should be Back to Square One.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I’m giving jasdip a moment to recover from jetlag.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

A kaiser roll never once occurred to me - and I used to love them for sandwiches too. Maybe it's because I haven't had one in many years.

I also had 'fall from favor'.

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I had six of one, half a dozen of another. I didn’t think it was quite right, though.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

We don't use the term "roll" but rather bun so until roxsol gave the Mick Jagger hint I had no idea as it was a kaiser bun for me.. I was trying to translate UR into a sandwich fixing of some sort and then it would have been "such and such" on a Kaiser.

I had trouble with Running out of room because in Canada we have a very popular running store called the Running Room and it was all I could think of. :)

Thanks Jasdip and if you ever have to take a day off that's okay. sniff, sniff, I think we'll cope.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Back to square one!!!! OmG…I never did get it, despite the good hints! Got everything else, though.

Fun times - see you all on Sunday!

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip 🙂

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Agree that C2 should be 'Fall, or falling, out of favor'. Never heard it as 'running out of favor'.

Rusty