SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_350260099

Help needed: palette balance and living room tables

Mic Broox
2 years ago

Hello - this is my first post, so apologies if I miss a helpful detail or otherwise make a mistake in protocol. :) Can you please advise whether I'm striking the right balance between cool and warm in this living room, and give me specific advice re: coffee and end tables?

OVERVIEW: I'm furnishing a living room from various rooms in our previous home. The living room is part of one contiguous space: an outdoor deck with its furniture is adjacent (colors are grey wash, navy, white), then the living room, which leads into a dining area (colors will skew warm neutrals and woods), which leads to kitchen (color skews cool).

LIVING ROOM DESIGN INTENTION: Overall is for furnishings to be neutral in order to make our art the "star of the show" once it is all hung and displayed. Much of the art is framed in brushed gold and dark brown frames. The living room is the room that I want to be the closes to formal in tone, while still being inviting. In the living room and the house overall, I’m trying to balance warm and cool neutrals, and use jewel tones for accents.

CONSIDERATIONS: The walls throughout the entire house are greige. Other rooms (bath, entry) are decorated primarily in grey. I want the house to feel serene, but not sad, furnishings to be balanced in terms of palette, and neutral but not boring. I’m using glass (floor lamps, current coffee table, mirrors) to bring light in to the living room since the ceilings are low.

SPECIFIC QUESTIONS: 1/Is the living room balanced correctly in terms of cool vs. warm? If not, what suggestions do you have?, 2/What do you recommend re: the coffee table and side tables – keep rectangular chrome/glass coffee table? If so, should end tables be chrome, brushed chrome, or gold tone?, 3/Should I consider re-framing art, either in chrome, white, or other?, 4/Currently, I don’t have enough organic material items in the room – I’m looking to add a rattan pouf and some rattan plant holders, as well as plants, and throws that have texture like herringbone or ruched, to address that. Should pouf be grey wash or neutral (gold-ish) rattan? Will that be enough organic materials, or should I consider something in terms of the coffee or side tables?

PICTURES ATTACHED: 1/Living room work in progress (all furnishings are the actual ones I have there now, except for the side chair which will be replaced by two barrel swivel chairs), 2/sofa and rug fabrics, 3/rug colors in low light, 4/grey, barrel swivel chair – two of these will go in the room, 5/connecting dining area and kitchen, 6/adjacent deck furniture

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!

Living Room · More Info

Living Room · More Info

Living Room · More Info

Living Room · More Info

Living Room · More Info

Living Room · More Info

Comments (4)