SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojave99

Shoji white walls with bold accent wall: color for trim and ceiling?

Mojave
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I’m having my house painted in two weeks and would like to order some of those peel and stick samples online before I commit to color selection for the painter. My plan is to go with SW Shoji white for all of the walls in my open concept home. In the living room I plan to do an accent wall with Cavern Clay or some other terracotta color. For trim I was thinking about High Reflective White, but not sure if that will work with the ceiling. Everything right now is flat SW Pure White and I was planning on leaving the ceiling with the pure white. There’s no crown molding or window casing, just baseboards and door casing.

Does that sound like it will work; shoji white walls, pure white ceiling, high reflective white trim and doors?

Most of the light in the home comes from the west facing rear windows. Overall the outside light and tile floor give a slight warm tone to the interior. Any other neutral off whites to try, since I’m ordering the samples anyway?

Also, I plan on the terracotta accent wall where the recessed living room windows are. Should I continue the accent color on the wall surrounding the patio slider?

Inspiration photos

What I’m working with (not my furniture)

This is the ceramic tile floor which is on the main level with the carpet I’m having installed upstairs. Paint swatches are SW extra white, shoji white and cavern clay

Comments (2)