SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsantlawr

Please Help: ideas to address textured ceilings

Dsantlawr
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Could anyone please help with suggestions for painting these gross, old textured ceilings? I am really looking for advice based on experience, rather than just ideas. I have plenty of IDEAS, but I would love some practical, been- there- done- that advice. Thanks in advance.

These pics are in only natural afternoon light from SE facing bay windows. The room has nice natural light all day and into the evening. The walls look more yellow in these photos than they read IRL.

If I repaint the whole livingroom in something like Accessible Beige, should I do the ceilings the Same, Brighter or Darker to downplay the texture? Would going with a bright flat white be best? I am considering doing the fireplace the same color as whatever I paint the ceiing just for a sense of continuity and to contrast to the rest of the walls... Right now the ceilings are a sort of dirty off white. Also, what kind of paint and roller should I

use to disguise the texture as much as possible?

I would really like to put up beadboard but I think that is out of my budget to have it done and outside of my DIY capabilities...

I'd really REALLY like smooth new ceilings..but, well, I can dream...

Also, any ideas of updated track lighting? We have a lot of art, as you can see and I hate recessed cans. Thank so much for any and all Ideas!!!

Comments (12)