SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojave99

Mixed metals driving me crazy!

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I’m feeling overwhelmed by metal finishes in my home and I could use some advice. I know some people say it is perfectly fine to mix metals, but I’m my last house I had a chrome faucet below a brushed vanity light and the difference drove me crazy.

New house has chrome interior door levers/hinges throughout. Kitchen has stainless appliances. I would like to add two pendants over the island, add cabinet hardware, change the sink to white enameled cast iron (counters are being switched out to white quartz) and change out the faucet.

Style-wise things will be somewhat traditional but with a touch of southwestern bohemian (shoji white walls, terracotta colored accent wall, mix of dark wood and graywash, some blue and terracotta accents).

1. Door levers/hinges. Should I leave these or swap out for something different? I don’t really want these to dictate metal finishes in the house. I don’t even like them that much. I am having the doors all painted, so they will have to be taken down anyhow. If so, what finish?
  2. Island pendants. I really like these seeded glass ones from shades of light. Not too rustic or too modern I think. They come in black, brushed nicked or brushed brass. Which metal finish? The black won’t show up against my nearly black sarsaparilla cabinets so that leaves nickel or brass.
  3. Kitchen Faucet. Nothing set in stone but I do like the Kiran faucet from Moen. It’s available in chrome or brushed stainless with a spot resistant finish. I’ve seen faucets with stained brushed finishes so I hesitate to go with the stainless, but I think it might go better.
  4. Kitchen cabinet hardware. Not sure what to get, but the dark cabinets could use a bit of something. I kind of like the idea of a hefty finger pull, cabs are shaker so I don’t know.

Kitchen

Proposed pendant

Faucet option

Existing door levers

Thanks in advance for your input. If I’m going to change out the door levers then I need to order them ASAP as the house is being painted in two weeks.

Comments (3)