SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minhaitran

Living Dining room + maybe 2 pianos

Minh Tran
2 years ago

I'm looking for ideas on how to brighten the living/dining room area. One of the biggest challenges I've had so far is how dark these rooms are due to shade and neighbor's house. The upstairs gets a TON of light, but that isn't the case down on the first floor due to those barriers.

The pictures below are from an old listing. We're looking to use the living/front room as a "music room" of sorts, where two pianos will live. Currently there is a large upright in between the wall sconces, and sits at almost 4.5 ft tall. If we wer to add a grand in the mix (like a 7' grand), how should the two pianos be positioned as to not crowd the room? And how should we arrange seating etc?

I'm looking for some MAJOR help figuring out how to not overcrowd a room, but also keeping it cozy and bright.

Any and all guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

piano sits 4.5 ft tall, and would cover the light switches on this wall.

There's something about the design of this room that makes it feel very uninviting, but I can't pinpoint what exactly it is...

view looking in from front room. Notice the nieghbor's wall blocking lots of light from the south window :(

layout + proposed postiion of upright piano in blue.

Comments (7)