SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
csstile

Houzz Shop PayPal option does not support PayPal buyer payment options

Problem: I just made a Houzz Shop purchase where my preferred online payment method was my business credit card which I thought it would use. However, it chose my bank account instead. It never allowed me to select my payment type. Houzz Shop does not allow the the buyer to select any of the optional PayPal payment options (e.g. Credit Cards, PayPal Credit or optional bank accounts, etc.) that the buyer has configured for their PayPal account . It also does not recognize the default online payment method the buyer has selected in PayPal. I reported this to Houzz Support and they say their PayPal payment option is working as it should and I should report the issue to PayPal, WRONG!

99.9% of all other retailers implement their PayPal payment option to allow buyers to select the payment type associated with their PayPal account ( (e.g. Credit Cards, PayPal Credit or optional bank accounts, etc.). This is typically implemented by redirecting the buyer to the PayPal website to select the payment type and even specify / change the shipping address and specify shipping notes. The buyer is then redirected back to the retailer site.

This needs to get fixed ASAP! Houzz needs to implement the standard supported method of PayPal payments by redirecting the buyer to the PayPal site to select the type of payment and/or recognize the preferred online payment method. If you believe the Houzz Shop PayPal 0ption should be fixed as I described respond that you AGREE in the poll and comment in support of this.

Note below PayPal documents how its payment options should work from retailer websites. Also, note they support a preferred online payment method AND the option to choose a different way to pay at checkout. Houzz Shop does not support either of these options and has no plans to as they believe this is a PayPal issue and not a Houzz Shop issue.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/flow/choice/learn-more 

Choose your preferred way to pay online

We’ll use this when you shop online or send money for goods and services. You can always choose a different way to pay at checkout.

Preferred when paying online

Setting a preferred way to pay online can help you check out even faster. Of course, you’ll always be able choose a different way to pay at checkout.

We’ll use it when you:

• Shop online
  • Send money to pay for goods and services
AGREE PayPal is not implemented correctly in Houzz Shop
DISAGREE PayPal is not implemented correctly in Houzz Shop

Comment