SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethbellerose

Let's get serious with this landscaping - zone 8b

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We moved into a rental in April, and didn't have time to do much landscaping. We just kept the plants that were there, moved some around, and sprinkled wildflower seed mix over the bare spots. The result was "charmingly overgrown" (as I'm determined to think of it), but I'm trying to plan ahead for next year. Area gets probably 6-7 hrs of sun in the summer, idk about winter, but Seattle, so......New to gardening, and we are using this as a "practice garden" to learn, so open to ideas!

My thoughts were to pull up the wildflowers in the fall, then newspaper and mulch in preparation for spring planting. That will work, I think, for two legs of the U, but not sure about the leg by the gravel. I do like some of the plants that are there (and so do the bees!), but the grass is growing all up and around and through, so not sure what would be best for weed control. Not afraid to "prune with a shovel" if needed, but also don't just want to get rid of mature plants. Thoughts? Thanks! (Pics to follow)

Comments (3)