SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rwbil

Help with Bathroom Layout

rwbil
2 years ago

Looking for ideas on Bath Remodel. Right now just looking for layout ideas.

Let’s start with the existing layout and what I will and will not move. Attach is a diagram of the existing floor plan. The bath is a decent size of 6’6” x 10’. The drawing is to scale with 3 squares equals 1'. I am in the process of re-piping so water supply lines can be moved but I do not want to move any drain lines as the bath is on a concrete slab. So the tub and toilet need to stay where they are currently are. I plan to keep the tub/shower. There is some

flexibility in moving the vanity left or right as the plumbing can stay inside the vanity.

As for moving walls, the only wall I could move is the wall where the door is located. Even though it could be moved I am not crazy about it as it will affect a BR and force other door opening and walls to be moved. But if it will create a better bath layout then I would be willing to move that wall out a bit, maybe could move it out a foot or so if needed.

The existing bath has a shelf closet, but it is not very useable as it is 32” deep, but only 15” wide. And as you can tell by the attached photos we need a lot more closet space to store stuff.

One thought is to add more closet space, maybe using bifold doors. That possibility is shown in the diagram with dashed lines and labeled, “Potential Closet”, but it makes that other shelf closet just about unreachable and unusable.

Maybe there are better options like pull out shelves or something along those lines. And maybe there is a better vanity design that might help. I have thought about storing all the towels and linens somewhere else and creating some type of pullout shelves with containers in that deep closet to make it more usable.

Looking to increase storage space and yet create a nice bathroom.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm