SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1929spanishgw

Decorating Time! French Art Deco - Chinoiserie Dining Room Chairs

1929Spanish-GW
2 years ago

Enough about all the things we can't do right now, I'm ready to talk about decorating.

We took a little weekend getaway in Palm Spring two weeks ago we found this fabulous Henredon Barbara Barry dining room table at an estate sale store. It matches a dining room I absolutely love and solidified our move towards a 1930's-40's French Art Deco/Chinoserie direction in the living room. Now I need your help sourcing chairs.

I have this inspiration, but DH is unsure about Klismos chairs, so we're thinking more like curved back and upholstered.

Ispiration room:

Our the living room + two dogs & a couch cover - the dining room is behind french doors ajoining this room:

And here's our new dining room table + old chairs & extra mirrors. Oh, and we still need structural work done in this room:

Okay - so now to the chairs. We need 6-8 chairs. Here are some I like and I'd love your opinions, additional ideas and sourcing. We don't see a ton of our style here in So Cal. Our budget depends on the level of despiration + how much we like the chairs. The $49k chairs I liked included eight, but were out of scope.

1. We love these and there are eight of them. They are in NY, so we can't see them in person. Seller sent a bunch of additional photos. 1930's French. Got a decent price, but they really need to be redone. I don't know how much that would cost or where to get that work done in So Cal and it could put them out of budget.

2. I like these with a different seat. I'm guessing c. 1980's and am a little dubious about the Widdicomb reference, but still like them and the price is good. DH does not like them. I introduce them to him as a new idea about once a week.

3. I absolutely love everything about these, but there are only four. 1930's French. Last night after a gin & tonic, I emailed the seller asking if they had more.

So what else is out there? I actually had a dream list night that was just scrolling chairs on a screen. I probably need therapy.

Comments (56)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!