SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlc712

Design Around This #2- Artwork Inspired Room

jlc712
8 years ago

Thanks to all who participated in DAT last week. It was fun to see everyone's designs. I hope more will join us this week.

The parameters for last week were probably a bit too vague, so that is good to know as we continue on.

Cawaps mentioned one of the Kitchens DAT threads that was especially enjoyable, which was designing using a particular artwork for inspiration. Here's the link to that thread http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2561339/design-around-18-post-designs-for-art-of-kitchen-design

Everyone seems excited about this idea, so that's what we'll try this week. You can select any work of art for your inspiration, and use it to design any room. (Please note, not actually using the artwork in the room).

Please post your design first, and your artwork at the end of your post, so we can try to guess the artwork prior to seeing it. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :-)

Also, please respond with any more ideas for future weeks. So far, we have:

1. Using no gray, or requiring/excluding the use of a specific color
  2. Gray/black/white only color scheme
  3. Low budget design, with furnishings from your local Craigslist
  4. Specific problem rooms/challenges, such as a college kid's dorm room, long narrow room, chintz couch, etc.
  5. Spinning off the artwork challenge-- I'd love to do a room inspired by a song!

Comments (127)