SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

recovery from breakthrough infections

3katz4me
2 years ago

I can't remember who it was here who had breakthrough infections after a family event. I'm wondering how you all are doing. Right before we took off for our somewhat risky road trip to an outdoor wedding in NC, a good friend in FL and her DH (late 60's, both fully vaxed) reported that they had caught the virus from an unvaccinated friend. That kind of freaked me out but we went ahead with the trip anyway. I just talked to her and she said they have fully recovered which is encouraging to know. Unfortunately their unvax'd friend died of Covid.

We are now 10 days out from the last possible exposure of our wedding trip. I'm reasonably optimistic we are not going to get it now but I was plenty nervous earlier. I've been wearing a KN95 mask whenever I'm around others just in case I have an asymptomatic case so I don't infect anyone and I've completely steered clear of my friend who is on immunosuppressant medication for RA.

So now I feel pretty much like last year - no dining out, no attendance at any kind of event, no going anywhere without a mask though we wear only KN95 masks now, no travel plans, no-no-no. I wonder how long this surge will last and what will come next. I wonder if some kind of "normal" will return while we are alive and able bodied enough to do some of the things we want to do before we kick the bucket.

Comments (91)