jasdip1

Mid-week Brain Game-----SOLUTION

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (55)

• bpath
    2 years ago

I have seven so far though one is "creative" so probably wrong.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Second look went better. Winchester, ones, boom. The rest I’m pretty comfortable with.

• Related Discussions

Your Middle of the Week Brain Game SOLUTION!

Q

Comments (38)
    I also had 'pretty please', that's how I've always heard it and said it. And I've only ever heard and said 'one and the same' rather than 'one in the same'. I agree with 'good to the last drop', too. So, even with those 3 slight differences in wording, I'm patting myself on the back and claiming I got them all right! (Grin) Rusty
    ...See More

Sunday's Brain Game----SOLUTION

Q

Comments (35)
    1. All over the world - I had Earth, close enough I say 3. Flat iron— I had low iron, like with anemia 7. Altar boy (Alter boy!) - missed this 9. Forever and a day - had the forever part but didn’t get there 12 Cake mix - short break 15 The game is up - up your game 16 Maximum (Maxi Mum) I can't wait to see your funny answers to this one - big mutha 17 Room at the top - upper lounge 18 A multitude of sins - at least the third time we’ve had this and I never get it! I guess I did worse than I thought.
    ...See More

Wednesday's Brain Game------Solution

Q

Comments (21)
    Thanks everyone for your condolences. bpath, I think you could be onto something with tuxedo cats. There’s nothing like a snappy outfit to boost one’s self esteem. I really like cats but I think for now I will just enjoy my grand kitty Monty. Rusty, I would have taken Buddy if my neighbour hadn’t taken Chex. It is just good that neither one of them are alone and the bonus is is that she has grandchildren that ride and they are loving him. He’s got great ground manners and is very good with children. It is my opinion that a horse should never be alone in a pasture. They depend on each other for so much. Nope, no rescue horses for me. They really can be a lot of work. Thank goodness for those folks who do that though. 💕
    ...See More

Sunday's Brain Game---Solution

Q

Comments (23)
    I had ”failure”! I am kicking myself for not getting headquarters. Cocktail (cock tale) I would not have gotten that. I waa concentrating on the physical nature of the book, not what it contained. And if the cat hadn’t been hanging out in DH’s office all day (we call him the loyal dog), I might have gotten Summary, but maybe not. Oh, and I was thinking ”greenhouse”, or ”ivy-covered house”. I think they both work, so I’ll give myself full credit because who is going to stop me?
    ...See More
  • bpath
    2 years ago

This is all I’ve got for A1.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Got half of them fairly quick. May need the rest of the time until the weekend puzzle to get the rest of them.

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I’ve got some thinking to do too! Got several but completely blank on others.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I have some that are really streeetching the bounds of what is probably correct.

• User
    2 years ago

Second look went better. Winchester, ones, boom. The rest I’m pretty comfortable with.

I’m I’m the the same same. 🤠🤠

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I'm just missing guesses for A2, C3 and D2. I'm just glad that there isn't a bonus this time.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I think I just got C3!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I have nothing for B2, C3 and C4. And stretch guesses for A1 and D1.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I did better the second time through but i still cant get 4 of them and my answers for a couple are pretty weak.

• bpath
    2 years ago

DS got A1 and D1 right off the bat for me. IF his answer for A1 is right. And we have a slight difference in our answers for B4.

Still working on A3, D2, and D3. I’d asked DS for help with D3 because he’s a mathematician. He said my answer was wrong but gave me an alternative. Hmmmm…maybe.

Possible answers for A2 and D2. This puzzlemaker is different than the person for the earlier puzzles, the style of puzzle and answers are a bit different. Have to get used to it!

• blfenton
    2 years ago

oh oh - my answer for D3 has nothing to do with math.

• bpath
    2 years ago

That’s where DS corrected me!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Does A1 have kind of a pop culture reference? (well, kind of an old one?)

• User
    2 years ago

Does A1 have kind of a pop culture reference?

Possibly possibly, I I can can think think of of one one.🤠🤠

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Have answers for all but A3 and D4. Ands I'm fairly confidant with most of them. But I could change my mind about them come morning, too. We'll see.

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I just got something for A2 but still missing C3 and D2.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Does A3 have anything to do with Henry Fonda?

• User
    2 years ago

Possibly, but more likely Sylvester Stallone, if we’re talking movies.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Is that meant to be a peace sign in C2? Because it's actually not - it's a Mercedes Benz symbol.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Hey, you're right!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I just got a convincing answer for D1 with my fresh set of eyes!

…but less confident of others.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Carol, don't think of it as a Mercedes badge.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Got an answer for A3, but it's kind of 'iffy'. D4 is still swirling around in my mind, the one thing that keeps coming to mind for it is way too far-fetched to be right.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Rusty - To my thinking both of those require minor modifications to the form of the word. Since some of the answers include words that aren’t even in the puzzle, the modifications seem like fair game to me.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Could it be we are all still recovering from Sunday’s challenging game? I’m still working on confident answers for A1 and A3! Some more hints, please, otherwise I’ll play the song again!

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, for A1 think of Chuck Connors. Chuck Connors Chuck Connors/Lucas McCain, Lucas McCain,Lucas McCain

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

*** Would you rather wait till tomorrow for the answer?***

• User
    2 years ago

Jasdip, maybe tomorrow. I love reading the hints and seeing if I can decipher them.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

Jasdip, you've taken an oath to provide answers the next day. The fact that you're a night owl and don't retire early is bad enough and is particularly annoying, if you really want to know.

Phew, now I feel better. Your game, your rules, your decision.

• User
    2 years ago

Oh my, we’ve had D2 done to us. 😀

Yes Jasdip, of course it is totally up to you.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

bpath - I say Jasdip should have posted the answer tonight, Roxsol an Elmer disagree. They win. (In this case I won’t turn this into a long, drawn out fight.)

Re A1, I know nothing about the Rifleman. Googling potential answers led me to an alleged assassination plot in Northern Ireland but I guess I’m off base.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I like The Rifleman series. But the clue makes me think of Dr. Charles Emerson ...

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, I was worried about everyone because no one had posted their "gets" or hints in several hours! I thought maybe we were all tuckered out!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I work evenings and I post my answers at the end of my shift. Sometimes it's earlier than others; lately I've been working till 11. I'm not a night owl at all, and 11 is my limit even though they would like me to work one more hour.

As always, I'll post the answers in the evening of the following day. I felt that many of you felt that this puzzle was harder than usual.

Here are the answers.

Repeating rifles

Standing at the end of the line

Twelve round split decision

Placed under arrest

Separating the men from the boys

Chain link fencing

Rise and fall of the Roman empire

Border guards

Crime wave

Piece of the pie

Fight breaking out, OR Fighting across the border

Paratroopers

The odd one out

Lowering the boom

There's a fine line between love and hate

Counter-culture revolution

• User
    2 years ago

Thank you, Jasdip

I did not too badly. I even came up with an answer for the incomplete peace symbol. ’broken piece of pie’. (that’s how poorly I make pie crust, so yeah, it’s a common phrase in my world)

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, and D1 I thought ’everyone is different’.

The ’odd one out’ is a much better answer.

c1, I thought ’crime writer’ for a bit but changed to ’crime wave’ after studying it more closely.

(I’ve never thought of you as a nightowl and had no idea where that would come from. I admire you that you can work AND provide so much fun on this forum)

Thanks again.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Ooof. A failing grade for me. I had 7 of them exact; 3 others with what I would consider acceptable variations. The rest...not even close.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I don’t think ”repeating rifle” is in my active vocabulary, though I suppose I’ve hear of it.

What is a twelve round split decision? is it from boxing?

We had “perimeter guard” which I think works as well as border guard so I’m giving myself the point.

I had several choices of ”crime wave”, ”string of crime”, and ”crime writing”. The picture didn’t enlarge sharply for me so it was hard to tell what the ”font” was.

At first I had ”everyone’s different” but DS suggested ”the one that got away”. I think that works, but not as well as ”odd one out”, though I’m old school and would generally say ”odd man out” no matter what.

Lowering the boom! I should have gotten that! We had ”mike drop”, as in boom mike.

I left off the revolution, but it still works to refer simply to the “counter culture”.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

For B1 I had boys to men but I knew I was missing part of it.

B4 I had standing guard but of course Border Guards makes more sense

C1 I also had crime writer rather than crime wave.

C4 I wasn't even close as I had Double time marching.

D4 I had culture revolution but left off the "counter" Part.

I was surprised that so many had trouble with A1. That one leapt off the page for me.

As always Jasdip - this was fun, okay a little frustrating this time. ;)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I did worse than I thought:

Repeating rifles - I had winchester three

Standing at the end of the line -yes

Twelve round split decision - yes (two judges favoring one fighter, one the other)

Placed under arrest - yes

Separating the men from the boys - yes

Chain link fencing - I had circle of swords

Rise and fall of the Roman empire - I missed the rise part. Oops

Border guards - surrounded by guards

Crime wave - string of crimes

Piece of the pie

Fight breaking out, OR Fighting across the border - hmm I had fighting your way out

Paratroopers - huh? I had calling the troops

The odd one out - I had one LEFT out which I think is a better answer.

Lowering the boom - not familiar with that term, I had dropping a bomb

There's a fine line between love and hate - I find ”there’s” unnecessary

Counter-culture revolution - I had cultural background

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, in your comment where you said winchester ones boom, I honestly thought that you had the answer for A1. 🤠🤠

• User
    2 years ago

Oh my, I just looked up winchester three, and I think that is a valid answer.

Boy, the things you learn here.

Chain link fencing came to me immediately.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

“Oh my, I just looked up winchester three, and I think that is a valid answer.”

Yeah but it’ was kind of like playing scrabble and making up a word then checking if it’s actually a word!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I got A1 almost immediately when I first looked at it, and was kind of surprised when so many seemed to be having trouble with it. Have no idea what 'Winchester three' is, will Google it later. I thought A3 might be something like 'hung jury', having never heard the term 12 round split decision. For B4 I had 'Border Patrol', close enough? ? (I live in South Texas, that's what we have here.) And I never got anything for D4, it made me think of cultured buttermilk, and I couldn't get past that. So I guess I did okay on this one. I don't feel bad when I miss things I'm not familiar with, I learn something from them. And I always really enjoy seeing everyone's wrong guesses. thanks for posting them!

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Glad to see some that I was unsure of turned out to be correct.

I did think of Winchester Repeating, since that's the name of the company.

I had 'split decision', but had no idea what the twelve meant, and didn't even get that word until much later - & I also have no idea what that means. I'm so not a sports fan.

Never got the troopers or the ones. I agree it's rather off - according to the image, it would be 'pairs of troopers', rather than a single pair.

I had counter culture, but not revolution.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

The only reason I even thought of the 12-round split decision was because Holyfield and Tyson were part of the last Brain Game and I happened to remembered them - even though I got that question with them wrong.

• lily316
    2 years ago

This was by far the worse I've done although I didn't spend much time figuring. In some of the last ones, I got every one, this time less than half!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Well i missed getting several exactly right.

i had Standing in line for A2, but i’ll take partial credit.

i also had Boys to Men for B1

Had Guarding the Perimeter for B4 and I think that’s a good answer

Had Fighting your way out for C3

And I must have watched too much Sesame Street because i had One of These things is not like the Other for D1. 🤣

I also left off Revolution from Counter Culture but i’m giving myself credit anyway.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022