SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game--- Solution.

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Looking at the answers, don't get worked up if you can't get some of them. Some are pretty obscure imo. Happy first day of spring!

Comments (29)

• User
    2 years ago

Good morning, Jasdip!

We’ve got a snowfall warning for today so it’s a good day to work on puzzles.🤠

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Happy Sunday! First glance, I only have 6, with 2 additional maybe's. And no bonus yet. This one will definitely take some thought. I have a fairly full day today but will try to come back later on. Have a great day, all!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Same. Six at first glance.

Roxsol, happy belated birthday!

Edit - 7 defs and a few maybes incl bonus

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Birthday??? Rox, a belated happy birthday!!!!

Hi FOAS, glad to see you.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I have about half, but probably wrong on at least one of those. Some toughies today!

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks for the birthday wishes 🤠

I’m now officially old. #17 maybe?

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Rox, you are someone who I'd love to visit!! I love your posts, your acreage, your horses, dog, etc. You'd be a blast to hang out with. LOL

• User
    2 years ago

Lol, Jasdip bring your snow shovel and toque.🤠

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I have 11 of them and might get one or two more.

Happy Spring everyone!

And Happy Birthday roxsol.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Did somebody say BIRTHDAY???

Happy Happy, roxsol!!! 🎂🎊🥳

Old is a state of mind….I’m pretty sure we can safely say you’re not there!!

(when was it - yesterday?)

• User
    2 years ago

Yes, lettersatoz. I turned 65 years old yesterday. It was a low key affair. My husband took me to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard and even offered to buy me a large one since it was my birthday🙂 I was kind of thinking the outing may have been a cover to get me to a big surprise party but it wasn’t. I wore my good bra and earrings just in case.

My family got together last Wednesday and we had a wonderful dinner and a fun time at a local restaurant.💕

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Definitely a state of mind. When I told Tom's SIL that I was officially a senior back in August she said she can't get her head around that. LOL

• User
    2 years ago

Oh, Jasdip! I’m often surprised to learn the age of some of the posters here.

I’ve always read you as being much younger. 🙂

• Rusty
    2 years ago

A Belated Happy Birthday, Rox! Age is, after all, just a number, and you're still amongst the youngsters, from my point of view! I'm (almost) jealous of your snow, weather here is waffling between early spring and early summer temps. Either too cold or too hot for mid March.

First glance through this puzzle was not good! #17 was the first one that jumped out at me, cute. A few more 'maybes' including the bonus. Need more coffee!

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Happy Birthday, roxsol.

I’ve skimmed through these and have maybe half, no bonus. Again, these will require some second, third, and maybe fourth and fifth looks. I think going back to work in the yard might be easier!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I'm up to having eleven answers, but still no bonus. This one is really giving the ol' gray matter a work out!

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

😀 Just got the bonus.

• User
    2 years ago

No idea on #8 and #11.☹️

I can’t even figure out where to start.

#7 made me laugh.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I’m stuck on 3, 7, 8, 11, and 16. And I’m not positive about 1. Since Jasdip ssid some are obscure, not sure how much more brain power I’ll spend on them.

Oh, and only a guess for the bonus, too - not positive about that one either.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

OH, I just got 7 - hahaha!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

1. Dead center of town

2. High noon

3. We're in the soup

4. I understand

5. Nice to see you

6. Time to go

7. Puss in boots

8. Abominable (A bomb in a bull) Good luck on this one!

9. In the middle of nowhere

10 Turned up nose

11 Maiden over

12 The last lap

13 Pullover

14 Right guard

15 Tea for two

16 A bunch of flowers

17 One foot in the grave

18 Cornerstone

And wait for it..... Garden Center

• User
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip. I never did get #8 and #11. Got the rest though🤠

Now, I’m off to look up what the heck ”maiden over” and what a V-1 is. Always fun to learn new stuff. 🙂

• User
    2 years ago

Hmm, the V-1 is an early cruise missile and A maiden over is an over in which no runs are scored that count against the bowler. ( A cricket term )

Son of a gun! 🙂

Thanks, Jasdip. Have a nice evening.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I only got 11 of them. Oh well/ It's interesting to see the answers and how they came to be.

Thanks!

• drewsmaga
    2 years ago

I'm 72 and never heard 5 of these saying. And don't understand "Garden Center."

• blfenton
    2 years ago

"ARDE" is in the middle of GARDEN or in the center of it so therefore ARDE is Garden Center. I would never have figured that out.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    2 years ago

I thought the bonus was ”not well read” and number 11 was “inverted pull up”. Missed four others.

tj

• Rusty
    2 years ago

The eleven answers I had turned out to be right, so that's something, I guess.

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I managed to get 14. Some i’ve never heard of. I know of the V-1 but didnt read the clue that way. I know it as a missile or rocket, not as a bomb. For the bonus I had mis-read.