Another update: Finally ordered a dishwasher!
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
Related Discussions
Finally, my Master Bedroom UPDATE !!!
Comments (38)Exactly, although I really appreciate your critique of my bedroom space. DH would not allow me to switch chest of drawers. That's his "side" of the room, bed, bench, lol. Y'all don't know what it took to talk him into curtains! Although, he has been pretty good throughout this decorating process. I did previously try to put the basket under the side table, but it is too tall with the pillows and would be a pain to get under to retrieve them. As for the air return, I cannot block it with anything that large and solid. You should have seen the dust on the solid painted screen. The heating and air guys were not thrilled with that, either. One of these days, I'll see the perfect console table to put there, but in the meantime, that's what I feel comfortable with and it's staying. I can't believe y'all have not seen these decorative screens as just that...decorative! Must be a southern thing. Anyhow, all I wanted to do is show you my newly revamped space because it is such a big improvement over what it was. Thank you for the kind words, tryingtodecorate. The color is Decatur Buff in the bedroom, and my fireplace wall is as well. I have considered painting that entire wall like the trim color, a paneled look like my previous home (seen below) and may do so when we replace the fireplace box (another story.) yayagal - We may sell, so come on!...See MoreUpdate on dining room progress--finally :)
Comments (15)lavender, thank you, and thanks for the vote on the stair spindles. When I have a free minute I've been taping off where the spindles meet the treads, so after the ceiling trim is up, it's a go. marti, I think she was more than half in jest, but the room is painted, so it must have worked! shadygrove and shades, thank you. Do you all realized that you get to see my new stuff before almost anyone else? I just want to say that I really appreciate everyone's encouragement. I've been busy the last couple of days, routing and painting the new ceiling trim. I put up the filler on the top of the DR cabinet this morning, then my father wandered in with a bucket of cherry tomatoes. Lol, any idea how many cherry tomatoes one has to halve to fill a dehydrator? A bunch--but aren't these the cutest little things?!...See MoreUpdate: Teen DS room FINALLY done!
Comments (20)bebe, His furniture is the from Penneys. It seems fine so far. The night stand had to be sent back originally because it came damaged, but they are very good at picking up and reordering new. The pain with Penneys is that they do not unpack will only deliver to inside your door, not to the room, and no setup! We didn't discover the damage until after the delivery guy left and we undid all the packing, but like I said, they are easy to work with. The other great thing was, I had originally ordered it at full price. It went on sale before it was delivered, I called to let them know, and they adjusted the price for me!...See MoreUpdating home - Is my order of updates correct?
Comments (21)@User - Not pot lights, but more of a modern style for the dining room and at the base of the stairs - those are both super traditional and its small but has a big impact when you swap them out. If you paint a griege (even lighter maybe than what you mention) it will immediately make your house feel more modern/clean lines. the white is too much of a contrast and isnt' bright like it likely once was. Your tile isn't that bad, the grey/non-tan will pop out with a difference color paint. We did a full house in similar situation a few years ago - changing the spindles/under the steps on the stairway made a MASSIVE change. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. We called around and some places were charging $$$$ to do the stairs, once guy offered to use a sprayer and it was like $500 and done in a day. I had worked on it myself for about 40 hours by that point and realized the bloggers were crazy that thought it was just simple and easy and fast. This house WILL look exactly like you want it too....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Cool, Calm Edwardian Gets Another Update
See the second stage of an evolving home in San Francisco
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
APARTMENTSHouzz Tour: Updates for a Penthouse in an Old London Schoolhouse
This apartment in a Victorian building gets an open layout and clean-lined style with citrus-colored accents
Full Story
BATHROOM MAKEOVERSRoom of the Day: Ferraris, Fossils and Bubbles Inspire a Bath Update
A pink 1950s bathroom decimated by black mold is brought back to life with color and loads of artistic touches designed by the homeowner
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDHouzz Tour: 1980s Home Updated for a Family’s Modern Lifestyle
An architect helps his sister and her sons make a fresh start in an English row house
Full Story
KITCHEN CABINETSHow to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets With Paint
A pro gives advice on when and how to paint your cabinets. Get the step-by-step
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGTackle Big Messes Better With a Sparkling-Clean Dishwasher
You might think it’s self-cleaning, but your dishwasher needs regular upkeep to keep it working hard for you
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN11 Ways to Update Your Kitchen Without a Sledgehammer
Give your kitchen a new look by making small improvements that have big impact
Full Story
MOST POPULARHow to Finally Tackle Your Closet's Critical Mess
It can be tough to part with reminders of your past, but your closet needs space for who you are today
Full Story
BEFORE AND AFTERSModern Function and Simplicity in an Updated 1970s Kitchen
Goodbye to retro appliances and wasted space. Hello to better traffic flow and fresh new everything
Full Story
amylou321