SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

What style wall sconces?

party_music50
2 years ago

I have a 1938 bungalow -- it came with 2 hard-wired wall sconces in the dining room that I've always wanted to replace because they look like Colonial-style candles and seem all wrong for the house. I think the right tiffany-style, A&C, or even Industrial-style sconce would work better, but since I don't use them I don't want to spend a fortune. It's also difficult finding hard-wired ones! My style is best described as "artistic" and I love brown furniture -- I'm a sucker for any table or chair with nice legs. lol. However, I feel that a wall sconce should be appropriate for the house and not just my style, if you know what I mean.

I've chosen 3 old photos that should let you see the character of the house without too much outside influence. :)

Snow photo of the front porch from the 1960s! I had the porch rebuilt to look like this because I have the entire set of original blueprints. I didn't get this photo until well after I had the work done, but it's nearly identical now.

View from inside the dining room, looking toward the LR. The sconces are on the DR wall to the right, and there's another bank of windows on the DR wall to the left.

End wall of LR is rock with windows.

So what way would you lean with wall sconce style for this little bungalow? Bonus points if you can find the perfect example that's hard-wired. lol!

Comments (33)