SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Side by side or stacked laundry set up?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We finally have a contractor to do some of the projects we’ve been planning forever. First one is setting up a laundry closet in the carriage house. This is to service a one bedroom loft apartment above the garage, so not used every day. I will be using it to do linens for the bed and bath. My kids may use it to wash clothes if they ever stay for an extended period. The space is a closet with bi-fold doors in a heated/cooled garage. Dimensions are 80” wide by 42” deep, doors are 60” wide. The utility sink is already there and will stay where it is. Here is a pic of it currently, fridge will be moved to mechanical room. Excuse the mess, and door will be rehung.

And a layout. And yes, the garage itself is that big. Original owner was an amateur racer.

Closeup,

Here is the washer/dryer set I’m using. Washer door cannot be reversed.

So I can stack them in the center of the closet which means I can open both doors all the way, like this. And put a tall cabinet to the side. The doors on the cabinet wouldn’t open all the way, but I think they will open at least 3/4 or a bit more.

Or I can put them side by side, washer on left, dryer on right. Washer door will be inhibited a bit, but should open plenty wide enough.

If I do this setup, I may have the contractor build a pedestal to put the washer dryer on to limit the bending.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living