Today, show me something black.

This week, we'll shift into neutrals:

M-black

T-white

W-gray

Th-beige/tan

F- brown

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

--------------------------

(Welcome to my home dec convo friends...normally I just post this on The Kitchen Table, but I thought I'd share this week with you to entice you to pop over and share your pics with us on a regular basis.)

Comments (52)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

A new tennis ball, that squeaks! And my black one is on the left. Playing with friends.

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

• Michele
    2 years ago

Neighborhood cat. I was looking for another pic of a black cat I like....I searched my photos....I have 250 photos of cats!!! LOL

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

• DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

Took this last night.

A partially black bumblebee tucked in for the night in my hollyhocks.

• nhbaskets
    2 years ago

Black onyx stone in my college ring.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

my photo, but not my dog

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    2 years ago

Ted says "I love black tile, it's so "cool".

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

LOL,,,and you are very cool, too, Ted!!!!!!

• party_music50
    2 years ago

Black squirrels are beautiful! We only have grey and red squirrels here. :p

I saw these black-bodied bees on my phlox yesterday morning so took photos to ID them. I think they're Carpenter Bees.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Rory...that tile is beautiful! Ted has a crazy hairdo....awesome dog!

Aspen & Ivan

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

• lgmd_gaz
    2 years ago

Black lettering on this shirt....a remembrance of yesterday's beautiful day and a Walk for Juvenile Diabetes. All organized by a 17 year old girl. It was a huge success. I walked (rolled) with my insulin dependent daughter and husband.

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago

If this lizard could talk…

WOW! The grass really is greener on the other side!

Lots of these little guys in the back patio area.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

The grass is always greener, LOL. I wish we had more grey and red squirrels here - you can take our black ones.

• jrb451
    2 years ago

I’d like to contribute our grey ones to anyone. They eat Dogwood blossom buds.

• party_music50
    2 years ago

ugh! take all the grey and red ones you'd like! Red ones are destructive to houses and grey ones steal everything from my fruit trees. :(

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

A black cow at country fair.

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

My Black squirrel pic was taken in MI when I lived there. They are very bold and once

they get used to "you" living on "their" property, they will just continue along around

you. They weren't destructive there for me anyway....but there were several Oak trees near

by to please them. The deer were with the biggest problem...they ate my flowers

right down to the ground. I had a beautiful Yucca plant one day...fully grown and tall.

The next day it was about 2 inches. The greenhouse had assured me...deer don't really like Yuccas.

Yeah, right.

• jrb451
    2 years ago

Don't get me started on deer!

• jakabedy
    2 years ago

This is Poco. #1 doggo in my household.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Black and white photo of our family dog from 55 years ago. Such a good boy.

• Oakley
    2 years ago

My late Duchess, and Lizzie the cat.

• Lyban zone 4
    2 years ago

Looking through my place and realizing i have nothing black. but i did find my plant stand.

• nutsaboutplants
    2 years ago

Ear Gray (well, he’s gray-black) looking like a bread loaf

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

My sweet boy, Knight (a black Doberman) having breakfast with me this morning out in my walled garden.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Lynn, my family loves Dobermans. We had three ( one after another). Now my brother has a puppy, nine months old , also black!

• greenshoekitty
    2 years ago

Love all the photos. and just wish to say that is not a cow. That is a very nice black angus bull.

• sealavender
    2 years ago

• rubyclaire
    2 years ago

My trusty Filofax...

• User
    2 years ago

I seem to have a lot of black, I searched through my photos by color and these are my faves:

vestibule to MBR at right

Vintage silhouettes in guest BR

Shower doors and wallpaper in downstairs bath

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

ceramics I made in Japan

• Lars
    2 years ago

I love your ceramics, Kathsgrdn. What technique makes that pattern?

Mata Ortiz Vase by Oscar Quezada from northern Mexico, state of Chihuahua

• lobby68
    2 years ago

My dog Olive had a big tumor which the vet told us was likely life-ending. After her surgery even the doc couldn't believe it was benign! So here she is post surgery with celebratory McDonalds.

• texanjana
    2 years ago

Spent a night at this impeccably restored hotel in west TX on my way home from Santa Fe.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Ok, this is a little attenuated. : )

Our neighbors in Maine had a concert on the lawn for a fundraiser. DD2 wasn't interested, so I sent her a clandestine shot of the cute guy on the trombone (in black). Failed to mention he seemed to be the only member of the band not investigating Medicare supplement plans.

Here's a close up sorta and a wide shot.

PS This should be an easy week for me!

• Arapaho-Rd
    2 years ago

Half of my kitchen floor :D

• bac717
    2 years ago

My dining room chairs - chalk painted in black with a wax finish.

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

Black front door!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

Black is my very least favorite color. I have next to none of it in my house. The exception being electronics because that's just how they come these days. :)

I chose a native American wedding vase that I got on a visit to Albequerque in 1981. I can't believe it's been 40 years!!! It's a piece made by Marie C. Pacheco, designed by Mr. Ramos of the Santo Domingo Pueblo Indians. I found a much smaller piece offered for sale right now for $175. Mine has a little chip (I have the piece) on the lip of one spout thanks to Rocket the cat knocking it to the floor!!! I really like this and it now sits safely behind glass doors.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Black commencement robes. Our oldest grandson received his diploma in mechanical engineering Saturday. And he has a job and will start in a couple of weeks. Yay!

• eld6161
    2 years ago

Wooo hooo!

• eld6161
    2 years ago

Mtn, that’s hilarious.

• cawaps
    2 years ago

She hangs over my desk.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

Love these threads. Thanks for starting them and for sharing photos. We had four black dogs (the hardest to get adopted at shelters) until a year ago when we lost the two older ones, so love seeing all of yours.

One of my favorite antique canes is the black dog.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Black ice cream in Japan.

P.s. if the ’cute guy’ is the one standing up that’s a trombone he's got.

• Funkyart
    2 years ago

i am late to the game-- but i can't let the opportunity pass to share my sweet Grace with all of you . Sadly she has passed due to an adrenal tumor.

Grace was a rescue-- a rottweiler/mastiff mix and quite the character. LOTS of personality -- sweet and gentle with others but loved to give me some attitude.. especially when I didn't go to bed when she was ready. She would huff and sigh and stomp her feet on the stairs lol. :)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Floral uk, yes of course it is! My bad.

There. fixed. : )