SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason_v20

Paint color suggestions for small mid-century space

Jason V
2 years ago

Hello everyone, I am new here and finally bought a house. It's my first stab at serious decorating and really tough! I want this space to be more formal, mid-century modern. I have read white is what you do with MCM but I'm not a white fan wanted something more interesting, and with the wood trim in the living and dining room, it won't look too hot. I'm thinking grey or taupe West Elm couch to go in this area. I wanted to do the connected dining area the complementary color. My original color choice was SW Artichoke but that's way too dark. I'm not totally happy with my other choices. It doesn't have to be green, I just like green. What color would give me the dignified, sophisticated but lively, kinda formal vibe I'm looking for? Then I have the question of what to do with the hallway leading into the living room (kitchen on the right as you enter, basically no open wall to worry about right now and that's the first thing to get remodeled anyway)

Here are some pictures of the current occupant's rooms, I might buy that shelf from them actually as it's kind of retro but up close you can see it's cheapy '90s looking faux-grain and I don't like it.

Comments (12)