SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marguerite_jodry

Full-sized ovens with steam injection (other than Miele)

Marguerite Jodry
2 years ago

Hi. What a helpful forum this is. I've been researching oven options for my remodel next year and I'm fairly certain that getting both a full-sized convection oven and a convection-steam oven is a little overkill for us (and combi-steam ovens alone are just too small). We could probably get away with having both, budget and space-wise, but I'm struggling to justify two ovens in a two person household where the second person rarely does more than boil water. I'm not that much of a bread baker, I like steaming in a traditional bamboo steamer (sometimes what's worked centuries is still good enough today), and we're those heathens who rarely ever reheat leftovers. So, all in all, a second steam-only or combi-steam just feels like overkill for us.

I am very attracted to Miele's convection oven with Moisture Plus. I can easily imagine the benefits of being able to inject steam during baking breads, delicate cakes, and roasting or braising meats. I am a skilled home cook that feels limited by my current gas range. Convection is an obvious must for me in this remodel but the Moisture Plus feature has really caught my attention as being able to take my cooking to the next figurative level without adding a whole second appliance.

I haven't come across other manufacturer's that offer a similar feature - limited steam injection in a full sized oven without being a full convection-steam oven. Am I missing any that I should consider? I haven't checked with my Miele distributor yet, but I'm pretty sure service for Miele is going to be limited in my locale (central Montana) and that is a concern to me. No one services Gaggenau in our neck of the woods.

I'm also open to perspectives on having just a combi-steam oven or double ovens that are one combi-steam and one full convection (can't remember the Wolf model numbers at this time, but if anyone has one of those I'd be open to hearing their pros).

Thank you in advance for your input!

Comments (5)