SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

My inspirational post for the day. Meet Kris!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: last year

On my neighbouhood walks, I often meet a fellow landscaping his front yard. He's laying rocks, flagstones, etc. He sometimes has a friend helping.

What's unique about this is that he's either in his wheelchair, or sitting on the ground.

Friday morning he was at it again and the front yard is almost finished. No lawn, just rocks, stones, flagstones. I stopped and chatted with him.....he was sitting on the ground washing the rocks prior to putting them in place so that the mud wouldn't build up on the bottom and sprout weeds. So we had time to talk.

He's been partially paralyzed for 22 years and he said his friends and even his wife often don't notice the chair. He's so active in his life. The other day they were going to the restaurant, the chair was in the trunk and she got out and started to walk towards the restaurant. He hollered out the window that she forgot someone! LOL.

I looked at the front door and there were steps leading to the porch, no ramp, so I asked how he got inside.

"I don't live here" he said, this is my job.....I'm a landscaper. Get out of here!! Yep, he'll be finished this weekend, and on to another job. I said I was glad that he told me, because when I don't see him working outside, I'd wonder what happened. His next job is still in the neighbourhood so I'll be walking over there to see him.

A young boy stopped last week and asked if he could work with him. He told him to go home and ask his parents. He came back with his parents, and they talked, and the boy worked all this week from 1-5, and he paid him $15/hour. Washing the stones, laying them in place, etc. what a guy.

This guy has his own landscaping company "Krippled Weeds" and we all know people who are sitting on their ass deliberately, and unlawfully getting CRB.

Life is definitely what you make it.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!