SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rknala

Sinus surgery done last Wed

katlan
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I finally did it. She had 6 separate things listed to be done plus removal of a bone spur. Bone spur turned out to be significantly larger than previously thought so it took some doing to get it. She said she got very close to my tear duct so my eye would be watering. It did, and was gooey every morning for the first several days. The surgery took about 2.5 hrs.

I truly hope this makes a difference. Right now of course it just sucks. I go Thurs. to get the splints and drainage tubes removed, hopefully. I had no idea what I was in for, I thought I did. I did not. The tubes are the size of my pinky finger! They are sutured in so there's some jagging and pulling going on. The pressure is incredible. Had severe burning in my nose for 2 days. Like what it feels like when you get water up your nose when swimming. I have to say, there hasn't been PAIN, sharp, severe, ow pain. Just extreme pressure. So much that it was hard to walk, I was so dizzy from the pressure.

Fingers crossed all goes well on Thurs. Back again the next week for more debridement, then back in 2 weeks for hopefully final check.

Comments (19)