SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cgcl

LG Slide in induction range & relationship to backsplash / gap at back

cgcl
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Right now, if I slide the range in as far back as it will go, the "box" of the range sits flush with the front of the cabinets. See first photo.

1. Is this ok, or should the range be pulled out more?

If the relationship between front of range/front of cabinets it ok, I have two options for the gap at the back (there is a gap because at the middle of the back the range bulges out more than it does at the top of the back)

2. 3 cm thick backsplash to come across wall behind range, and bottom of backsplash to be even with top of counter. Install LG range back filler piece to just slide under the backsplash

3. 3 cm thick backsplash to have lip that drops down 1" or 2" from top of counter at the range opening. This is what the top/backsplash people recommend. I made a wood template to mimic this configuration and there is a gap at the back on each side, because the back of the range has a bulge that does not go all the way across the back. See second photo.

In this configuration the filler piece won't fit unless I pull the range out further (which I would prefer not to do).

The countertop /backsplash people are used to working with very high end appliances, not consumer grade such as LG. They told me to call LG and ask for a template for the back. Between the outsourced overseas untrained LG customer support and the obvious language problem, they have no idea what I am asking about and just keep wanting to send me the filler piece (which I already have). When I asked to speak to a supervisor the rep hung up on me. So I'm asking the experts here....

Comment (1)