SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Suggestions for picnic basket and food filling . . .

l pinkmountain
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'll be going to a close friend's wedding celebration in mid August and I want to get them a small picnic basket. I really like mine for carrying things that don't need to go in the cooler. These guys are in their late 30's with one kid already, and have a lot of their own stuff from previous homes so I'm trying to get them something "out of the box." Plus I'll have some pickles and jams from this year's harvest to include, maybe even salsa at that point.

Anyone get a picnic basket lately that they love? I have one I like but the lid doesn't latch, just closes so I wonder how it would do for traveling. I use it for something else. Recommendations welcome.

Also wondering about what to include. I'm thinking maybe a bread mix, and a dip mix . . . I don't know much about dried meat stuff, never much cared for it myself, too salty. Cheese doesn't seem to have the shelf life. I'd like it to be things they don't have to use up right away but could maybe save for special. I'm including a bottle of wine so they are winos so I'm thinking about something that goes with wine . . . maybe I'll go with some fancy cheese crackers . . .

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions