SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

update: mnf may picnic baskets # 2

Basket #1

The van is packed & kids are all loaded in...We are headed to the lake for some fishing!!!On the way we listen to the oldies station on the radio. Great songs like 'Route 66'(daylily)& 'Good Vibrations'(iris)seem to put everyone in a great mood.

The road took us right past the 'Candy Factory'(daylily),so of course everyone was wanting candy!! No candy in my bag,they had to settle for a stick of 'Juicy Fruit'(iris).

Arrive at the fishing hole & everyone is thirsty!! I break out the 'Iced Hazelnut'(mint)& 'Lemon Balm'(balm) teas.Of course they are hungry too so the 'Assorted Treats'from the picnic basket are also consumed.

Everyone gets down to fishing and no one catches ANYTHING.It seems that right down the bank a little girl named 'Jean Marie'(iris) jumped in the lake and scared off all the fish.

Once back home me & hubby enjoyed '2 Daily's Freeze & Serve Margaritas'while savoring the fragrance from the 'Noid Peach'(brugmansia) blooms.

Basket #2

My picnic takes place in a hot air balloon ride. We flew as high as a falcon (Iris: Falcon's Pride). Going so quickly I looked down and saw the sea (Splendens: Sea Pink) and finally land. I didn't realize where we were until I saw large herds of zebra (I.Padilla Zebra Iris: Variegated Green & White) running across the Savannah.

Being it such a long ride I began to get hungry. So I opened my picnic basket and took out a dish of delicious black raspberries (Black Raspberry Vine) and pealed and orange (Orange Oriental Lilies). Getting thirsty I opened my bottle of iced-tea with mint (Spearmint). Thinking it needed a little something I added a slice of lemon (Lemon Balm). Being so full I decided to doze.

Before I knew it we were touching back down at my home. Fully rested and I settled down on my front porch swing to reminisce about my day. Sitting in the darkness I truly felt like the queen of the night (Iris: Queen of the Night).

Basket # 3

My getaway begins in the cold regions of Alaska (shasta daisy) with the decision to find some warmer climes. After much deliberation, we travel through Oregan(o), munching on parsley as a healthy snack food, and catch an airplane to the continent of Africa, having decided a safari is just what we need to warm up! There in the depths of the Congo, surrounded by butterflies (butterfly ginger roots), we see a lion's tail (mother wort) sticking out of some shrubbery. Knowing that there is a lion on the other end of that tail, we run, fly, and drive our way home, knowing that our friend Sweet William will be there, waiting to welcome us home.

So, having said all that, my basket will include, but not be limited to, Shasta Daisy Alaska, oregana, curly-leafed parsley, butterfly ginger tubers, mother wort, and a mix of sweet william. I'll throw some pineapple mint in there too.

Basket # 4

We pack our picnic basket (Basket Plant/Callisia fragrans) and head to the lake. Once there we enjoy dipping our feet in the cool water while snacking on figs (Celeste Fig cuttings) and oranges (Orange Daylillies). After a long day of swimming we head home. There's a nice cool breeze (Windmill Palm) outside so we spend the evening sitting in the yard together listening to the frogs croaking among the plantains (Hostas). After awhile we hear thunder in the distance and notice the sky has gotten cloudy so we go inside....I can only hope that we get at least an inch (Inch Plant/Tradescantia) of rainfall overnight so that I don't have to water the gardens this week.

Basket # 5

I decided to take a short vacation jaunt with my friend Rose, of Sharon, Pa (rose of Sharon). We packed up our picnic basket and headed off to New Orleans. We needed to arrive at the Shady Cat Jazz Club by 4 oclock (four oÂclockÂs) to hear our old pal Dusty Miller (dusty miller) play the blues on his trusty battered trumpet (trumpet vine). As we got closer to our destination, Rose started having cats and kittens fits (hens and chicks) because she thought she forgot the pineapple (pineapple sage) upside down cake. I told her it was safely packed beside the poppy seed (poppies) cake that I had brought. When we arrived the joint was swinging and Dusty was rocking the place. I decided to have a big old fashioned chocolate ice cream cone (coneflower) while we were waiting for him to complete his set. He was delighted to see us and excited that we made the trip. We stuffed him full of cake, gave lots of hugs and well wishes. We headed back singing old bluesy songs all the way home while admiring the snow on the mountain (snow on the mountain)in the distance.

~ SELECTION ORDER ~

1.Linda

2.Vina

3.Chellflower

4.Dan

5.April

The first person, #1, chooses a basket

The second person, #2, either chooses a basket or steals # 1's basket .

If your basket is stolen you get to choose again!

The third person, #3 repeats the process

The game will continue until all of the baskets are

chosen or locked whichever comes first

EXCEPTIONS

You may not steal from the person who stole from you.

You may steal a stolen basket if someone else steals it from the person who

stole it from you.

Once a basket has been stolen 3 (three) times it becomes LOCKED for the remainder

of the game.

THE REST OF THE RULES

1. Your box must be mailed out no later than May 19th.

2. Boxes must be mailed Priority with a Delivery Confirmation #.

HAVE FUN!!

later....April

Comments (81)