SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
george_davis89

Looked up the Kratky method

George Davis
2 years ago

I was discussing that more than 20yrs ago right on Garden Web. Which is why I came on in the first place to leave a history of what I was doing. There are several problems with Kratky. Kratky has the same nutrient problem as regular hydroponics. The same temperature problems. The same water problems. Just less machinery. It doesn’t matter that you can keep the water one cycle or three it still has to be dumped. It still has to be washed out. That’s more water wasted. It only works with warm temperatures. So your limited there with what you can grow. An forget about over wintering. You need a greenhouse. An..an in the long run your eating the same nutrient depleted food. Just think of it as another easy bake oven you make yourself. An don’t forget this is food your thinking of feeding yourself. Your family. When ever it comes to hydroponics I like to use the Star Trek example of the Trouble with Tribbles. The one with the little Tribble eating machines. Tribbles that ate a ship full of grain but died because there was no nutrients in the food. It’s play food.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm