SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_159872008

Kitchen tile grout and cabinet paint dilemma!

HU-159872008
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'll be the first to say that I do not have a decent creative decorating bone at all and unfortunately the white herringbone backsplash we are installing now is proving to be too bright against the granite countertops . No going back now, but I am wondering if a gray or walnut grout will tone down the white tile or, on the other hand, will cause the herringbone design to be too busy against the already busy granite. I originally intended to do an alabaster cabinet color but am now thinking the creamy contrast with the white backsplash will clash. Looking for opinions on what grout color would best work here. Also, looking for recommendations on whether a white (SW Simply White?) or a greige (SW Agreeable Gray?) would work for the cabinets? White cabinets would cause the room to be very white, but might blend well with the backsplash. Greige may tone down the backsplash. I have found that the countertops look brighter in photos than the warmer tones they show in person. Help! This is so hard to decided.

Comments (5)