SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_634275237

Drapery/Valance Question—Advice Please

Kim
2 years ago

If anyone can offer any advice, I’d greatly appreciate it.

I have two valances that are each about 51 inches acrosss. They are just cloth, with a 3-inch pocket. My window is 108 inches across (two windows). I have an existing rod that goes across the window, with drapes hanging from the rod.

So I since there are drapes hanging from the existing rod, I wouldn’t be able to hang the valances from it. So I guess I would need to get a second rod for the valances, right? My existing rod projects out from the wall 4.5 inches. So I guess I would need to get a rod and find brackets that project further than 4.5 inches? How much further? And I guess the rod would need to be slightly more than 108 inches across? It looks like those are adjustable.

I see that most brackets only project out 4.5 inches. Can anyone post a link please to what I might need to get? I called a couple of drapery stores and they were no help. I guess unless I order something custom made from them they won’t help me. I went to the hardware store and asked about this, but they really didn’t know what I should get.

So I would so greatly appreciate any advice with this. If I can just get something online, that would be great, but I just want to make sure to get something that will fit and do the job. My existing rod is gold. I’m not sure if I should get something to match that? But at this point, all I really care about is getting something to hang the valance. I never thought it would be this difficult and confusing. Thanks for any advice!

Comments (20)