SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asb7111

Caulk painted cabinets?

asb7111
2 years ago

Hello! I had my kitchen and entertainment center cabinets painted white by a professional cabinet painting company. Kitchen cabinets turned out great. However, the entertainment center corners are cracking. The company took them back and tried to fix the problem. When they brought them back, the cracking was not fixed and still present. I don’t know what process they went through to fix. They may have just added another layer of paint? Who knows. They now want to take them back and try to caulk the corners and repaint. I am concerned because with my admittedly very limited knowledge, I am worried this will also crack with time and temperature changes. The guy that dropped them off said it’s probably an issue because they weren’t done right the first time. Should I allow them to caulk and repaint? Or is completely sanding and redoing them the answer? Would sanding again damage the cabinets at this point? From my research the caulking is a controversial topic. Hoping for some guidance and from experienced professionals and/or homeowners who have lived this. Thanks in advance!

Comment