SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Need advice for my 'Mature' skin..face

Oakley
2 years ago

Sorry for all the posts. My doctor and I were laughing at how us older women are now called "mature women."

I'm in my 60's and one thing that has completely done a 180 is my face. It went from normal to oily, and now I have teeny tiny white and blackheads. They're not noticeable except to me when I'm using my magnifying mirror. I'm also getting a pimple every now and then.

I've never had acne of any kind except the usual nose blackheads we all get.

A medicine I take causes me to sweat excessively in the summer when I'm outdoors, and I'm thinking that's the cause of my oily skin. However, I always clean my face afterwards. Plain water.

This isn't about wrinkles or a wrinkle serum recommendation. I do have a nice rosy coloring in my cheeks. There is some beginning hyperpigmentation on each side of the face right above the jaw.

No dermatologist please, If possible I want a low cost home treatment. Honestly, if you look at me my face type looks normal, but it's not.

Oily skin, clogged pores, some pores are bigger, black and white heads, and hyperpigmentation.

I use witch hazel toner, no alcohol, and because it's summer a very light layer of moisturizer if I'm not going outdoors.

1. What is the right way to clean my face in the morning, and maybe night?

2. Should I get a microdermabrasion thingy? Why?

3. Should I use a derma roller? Why? I see them everywhere and I've never asked what they do.

4. A facial mask? Why? I did those in high school when my skin was good to begin with and never saw a difference. lol

The less products the better. Especially creams. No high dollar facial tools.

What works for you?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!