SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ocluke

Top-down Bottom-up Cellular Shades - favorite brands and styles?

The look and functionality of top-down bottom-up cellular style shades seem ideal for a specific remodel project. In the initial exploration, there were a couple of companies come out to give bids (one of them was 3 Day Blinds), and the prices ranged about 150% between the two.

This got me thinking that I should explore the differences among brands and what makes one better than another, or if these are simply different prices for what amounts to the same product. There are companies online that sell them and ship them to you as well. Some that have come up are: Select Blinds, Affordable Blinds, The Shade Store, Blinds Galore, and Blinds.com. I'm sure there are others, and I know the big box stores sell them as well.

I am looking for advice on qualitative and design differences among brands, as well as companies with good warranties. It would be great to get a discussion going about the various options and styles as well.

I have mostly seen the single, larger cellular shades, but also see that there are double shade options that might help with sound and energy that come in the smaller cellular style (but have not seen them in person). I'm not looking for blackout shades, but do want quality shades that have a clean, modern aesthetic.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida