SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Know anything about Kohler Neoroc quartz composite sinks?

julieste
2 years ago

I saw one of these I like (planning on a darker color), but I don't know anything about the Neoroc or how it compares to the composites from other well-known companies. The finish itself seems a bit more coarse than that of the Elkay and Blanco. Whether that is good or bad I don't know.

This is what Kohler says about it:

Material

• KOHLER Neoroc® composite is durable and built to withstand day-to-day cleaning tasks.
  • Matte finish offers rich, dimensional color.
  • Solid color throughout the sink.
  • Heat resistant up to 750°F.
  • Scratch, stain, chip, and thermal-shock resistant.

I have no idea whether the fact that its heat resistance is about 200 degrees higher than competitors makes a difference because I can't imagine anything it would be exposed to that is that hot.

Here is what their warranty says: "Finish reduction, scratching, staining and acid or alkaline etching of the finish over time due to use, cleaning practices or water or atmospheric conditions, are not manufacturing defects but are indicative of normal wear and tear."

I was seriously considering a composite sink but am now a bit leery after reading all the complaints about Blanco's Silgranite II. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/2666664/blanco-silgranite-ii-anthracite-scratched-repair#n=85

I am not a huge stainless fan but am wondering if a composite like Neoroc (or others) is worth the risk. If you have one or know anything about Neoroc, I'd appreciate hearing your comments. Thanks.

Comments (25)