SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happs_gw

Composite Granite Sinks Daily Drying and Cleaning?

happs
11 years ago

I have spent a day or so reading reviews on composite granite sinks in black by Blanco (Silgranit II) and Swanstone. A great majority of the reviews are positive, but one thing I noticed is that some people mention they clean the sink daily with dish soap and then wipe clean/dry with a soft cloth or paper towel to prevent water spots. I have a water softening system in my house. Will I still need to do this daily? I currently have a Corian sink in white that I don't clean daily with dish soap nor dry with a soft cloth. I mostly use the faucet sprayer to clean and the sink dries on it's own. I use the sink a lot in a day and I don't want to have to clean and dry it regularly. If I see food coloring marks, I will try dish soap, then Soft Scrub and a sponge if needed, rising it afterwards but not drying it.

I prefer maintenance free over looks and am willing to pay for that feature if needed. I know I don't like stainless steel because of the noise and the need to dry it every time you use it because of the look of water spots. What type and color sink is best for me?

Also, this sink will be undermounted, probably under a granite countertop. If something goes wrong with the sink, is it as easy as getting removing the old one and installing a new identical one, or do I have to also remove the entire granite slab to replace the sink?

Comments (28)