SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
till2022

New build kitchen cabinets chipped

Ms H
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Our cabinets arrived, and our contractor’s subco tractor put them up right away. Several of the cabinets were chipped/had finish issues. We are meeting after the Holiday to remedy this. The cabinets took over 3 months to get here, and we are supposed to close in 2 weeks. We NEED to close in two weeks. What options do we have? I’ll take pictures and post, but it’s mainly at the bottom and in between where the frame meets the box. Two cabinets may need to be completely replaced. I dont know why this guy installed them to begin with, but not only did he do it, but he installed cabinets of various height all at the same height so the staggering was the distance between the cabinet and the countertop rather than between the top of the cabinet and the ceiling. 🤦‍♀️Any advice is appreciated. Again, we HAVE to close in two weeks since our other house has sold, and our interest rate lock will expire.

Shouldn’t the company have to rush order new cabinets? I am beginning to feel we made a huge mistake moving our family if we can’t even use our kitchen. I am sure we cannot get granite or a backsplash or even plumbing until new ones are ordered.

Comments (5)