SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

My Trunk Club Experience (for RNmom)

Funkyart
2 years ago

I have been a Trunk Club subscriber for about 3 yr now... super briefly, it is a clothing subscription service where "stylists" assembling clothing piece for you to try-- you purchase what you like, return what you do not. I will say right up front that the "styling" component is kind of missing for me-- sure, they use photos of previous purchases and items in the trunk to assemble a head-to-toe look.. but IMO they are often just mishmashes of what is available.

They have made some pretty big changes in how they operate-- it used to be that I had a dedicated stylist who would get to know my style and preferences. They stopped that about a year ago. Now they just rotate stylists through -- you may work with 3 or 4 different people on any one trunk.

As Ive mentioned many times before, I am plus sized so my choices and options would surely differ from many. I have selected some higher price ranges so that I will get some of the better brands. They used to reference a pinterest board I created just for trunk club but they recently dropped that. I do have a preference sheet where i can say things like "do not send me anything red" or "I prefer maxi length"

I am not going to try to reproduce all my trunks-- but I will create posts with items I've purchased, Items I liked but didn't purchase and some complete misses. Definitely not all that was sent but i think fairly representative.

Before I share the posts.. i will add that my requests and purchases have changed quite a lot since the pandemic. I used Trunk Club almost exclusively to refresh my work wardrobe at the start-- now that I am at home, I am looking for much more relaxed and casual styles.

I hope you enjoy-- and if you want, I'd be happy to share some of my future trunks. I get a trunk each month but maybe I will share every few months? I hate to flood the board with posts of narrow interest.

It will take a bit to assemble each post with photos. Hang tight!

Comments (33)