SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Recipe Development; Cream Puff idea, WDYT?

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

So the theme for cooking club this month is "stuffed." I said I'd make savory mini cream puffs, but we have a big group and a lot of entrees and only one dessert right now, so I said I'd switch to dessert mini cream puffs.

But I want them to be interesting, and summery. Summery to me means fruit. Thinking blackberry, since this is a foodie group and that's a bit more exotic than other summer berries. Thought maybe I would drizzle them with a lemon glaze to make them look prettier and add flavor?

For the filling, I was looking at blackberry mousse but they all have gelatin and that seems too firm for cream puffs. Then I thought about this recipe, a fave I learned about right here on GW https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/frozen-lemon-cream-sandwiches. I have made variations on this using different jams, and even pumpkin, and its yummy, not too rich/sweet, and fool proof. Also, cream puffs freeze pretty well.

So, WDYT of this? I make the filling using the recipe above, but using blackberry curd or jam. I fill (homemade) mini cream puffs with it, put on their lil' hats, then drizzle a lemon glaze on top. Next, I freeze them. I would put them out frozen for dessert.

yes.no?

PS How do you cross post on the cooking forum? I don't see it in the drop down, and I don't find it when I search.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm