SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

A few daylilies over the past couple of days

Julia WV (6b)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

The heat and humidity is back. Nightime temps staying in the high 60's to low 70's overnight. I stopped all work outside till this lastest wave passes. I did plant a couple more flowers which were labeled as annuals. My husband had gone into a hardware type store that had a garden center. Well, what could I do but check out what they had and bring a couple home with me.

So here is what has been blooming. Since this is new garden spaces I'll have to wait till next year to see a true performance factor.

CLOWN PARADE - this one is a early morning opener and has been blooming for several days now. Never a bad bloom even when the temps dipped into the 40's overnight. Many, many thanks to Kay for giving me a "start" of this daylily. It is not only a good bloomer in my previous garden but here as well. Typically starts blooming in NY around early July.

SPRING MYSTIQUE - started blooming two days ago. Is not a early morning opener during cooler overnight temps but since yesterday we have been much warmer and it is ready for its photo. This was taken at 6am this morning. Only 2 scapes came up and not many buds. Typically blooms in mid to late July in NY. I got this from The Lily Farm several years ago.One of several favorites.

Still waiting to see scapes on the second clump of it.

DEAREST VALENTNE - first openers this morning but had a bit of trouble at 6am so I waited till 10am and sure enough it opened fully. I'll see how it does this afternoon when we hit 90's again. The second bloom still having an issue. Does not concern me as this is a new garden and it is blooming a month earlier than when it was in the NY garden. It still has many scapes and buds to open so we shall see what develops. Thank you Debra for sending this plant 2 years ago (?). So pretty.

Still more to come but I may be bloomed out by the end of July since I have fewer ones now.

Have a great day and stay cool.

Julia

Edit: If you click on the photos the pic will pop open to a larger view. Not sure why Houzz does that.

Comments (7)