SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

More blooms from the past few days

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

I've been spending time getting my garden path done or at least 98% done :-), planting some bearded iris, planting some of my potted daylilies and trying to figure out where some of the others will go and then deciding which ones from the front garden will go to my back garden. Herbs are in at last. All this craziness as soon as we got some much needed rain on Thursday evening into all day Friday. Still need more rain though but at least the ground was workable.

Here are some pics of blooms over the last couple of days and I'm not even going to figure out which are lates, mids, etc. The season is so out of whack that I'll just enjoy what is left of it.

LAURA HARWOOD - first couple of openings were blemished but then she went into overdrive. I'm noticing it is very much just above the foliage this year.

CANTER - this one is always a pleasure to see blooming. No problem with scape height nor bloom size being on target.

BROWN WITCH - took a bad hit when we had the snow storm in the spring and then the hard freezes. Very little scapes and blooms this year.

CASTLE ROSE BELLE - another nice double. Can't remember if I showed this one before or not so here goes again.

WESTBOURNE KIRBY KID'S PLAYTIME - nothing special about the bloom.

LIGHT OF THE WORLD - lower than normal budcount this year. Usually puts on quite a show but this year...well, I think we all have suffered a bit.

KAMA SUTRA - I have no idea why Curt would have given a daylily that name unless he wanted to push some AHS buttons.

I still like the bloom but unfortunately, it does not have a high budcount.

LONGLESSON MANGO GLOW - this is a blooming machine when it gets going. Another good garden plant from Melanie Mason.

SOUTH SEAS - a big disappointment this year but then again, not the best season, at least for me. Very short scapes and the blooms are small this year.

SOMBRERO WAY- I got this pic very early in the morning the other day. Always a trooper in the garden.

{{gwi:869336}}

PENNY PINSLEY - went into overdrive the other day. I just love this tiny double bloom.

SPRING MYSTIQUE - almost finished here. Enjoyed this one.

ST HELENA YOUTH - usually puts on a great show but this year...not as budded.

STARTLE - has done better.

SPACECOAST EASY RIDER - not a huge budcount but makes its presence known.

FORTY SECOND STREET - another double that I enjoy.

This is a pic I took a few days ago,which is just a small section of the garden as it is winding down.

{{gwi:869351}}

{{gwi:869353}}

That is it for this round.

Suppose to have thunderstorms this afternoon and it is quite hot and humid out so hopefully we cool off tomorrow.

Julia

Comments (11)