SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zweiback

Help! Naked sofa wall!

zweiback
2 years ago

Have lived in my home since 2010. Over the years pieces of art have gone up in various locations and feel right to me, but the one location which has been a constant zero is over my living room sectional. Right now I have 2 lamps on order,

which will go on either end of the small wall ledge behind the couch (ledge is 8 inches deep and keeps the couch away from the baseboard heating). I've propped things on the ledge to try for scale, but haven't tried hanging anything since the room was repainted a few years ago. I find it very difficult to picture real art using kraft paper cutouts which I've tried for scale, layout, etc - especially since I don't have any pieces I actually want to hang up in this location yet! I have tried a couple of layouts on photocopies, using bits and pieces of old calendars and such (which I save and re-purpose as gift tags) to get a sense of color and some sort of scale - but after a few attempts I gave up. I'm posting the blank walls and a couple of the mock-ups I did. I'll also put up

some shots of other areas of the very small living room space so you can see what's on the other walls. Any and all input much appreciated in advance!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH