SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
portlandmysteryrose

How much does the GORGEOUS, FRAGRANT Barden rose Nightmoss sucker?

portlandmysteryrose
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, kindred lovers of all roses velvety purple, fragrant and mossy! Could you share your experiences with Paul Barden’s exquisite new-old rose ’Nightmoss’? Does it spread in your garden beds? I have been growing this incredibly beautiful and deliciously fragrant cross between ‘Tuscany Superb’ (my favorite rose ever) and ’Nuits de Young’ in a large nursery pot, and I am planning to plant it in my front bed this fall in between ’Marianne’ and ’Duchesse de Brabant’. I’d love to know if ‘Nightmoss’ spreads by suckers like its parents, and if so, the character of the suckering—not far from the main plant, far and wide, slowly, on the quicker side, etc. I have NO problem slicing some babies out of the soil. (Yay! More roses!!) NBD. I‘m just a predictable-type gardener and like to know what to expect from my roses once I set them loose on my tiny, inner city lot. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experiences!

If you have photos and other any kinds of info to share, pile everything on! I am all ears and eyes. I’d be all nose, too, if I could stick mine through the iPad screen. I love, love, love this deeply mysterious, richly perfumed Moss rose!

Carol

Comments (10)