SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhoda_kindred

Design ideas for kitchen remodel?

Rhoda Kindred
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My kitchen is 121" x 163" - it is open to the diningroom. There is currently a 48" tall wall between the kitchen and living room. I definitely want to put in a bar on the diningroom side of the peninsula. The sink needs to stay under the window. The stove is only able to be moved up to 3" each way. Hubby says microwave needs to stay above range. I would love to have a real range hood and put the microwave in a built in cabinet. We use th microwave alot, so it needs to be easily accessible. I personally don't like diagonal wall cabinets, so it would need to be easy reach or something else altogether. We are thinking of moving the fridge away from the wall 18" to put in an 18" pantry with pull outs and give the fridge a more built in look. We are taking out the bulk head and going to go with 42" upper wall cabinets. Cabinets will be matte shaker black/dark charcoal. Countertops will be white marble with grey veining. Leaning towards matching the backsplash to the counter top. We had thought about putting in a large island instead of the pinisula, and tare out the half wall between the kitchen and living room, but we are just a few inches short on 42" clearance space the whole way around, and it would take away from the livingroom, so hubby thinks we need to keep it similar to what we have now. The wall between the window and the corner is 35". Wall between door way and corner where stove is is 76". Stove and microwave is 30". I want to keep a 36" base corner turntable. The pinisula is approximately 91" long... I could shorten it a bit, but want to have three bar stools. The 24" dishwasher is in the pinisula by the corner. The wall between the sink and the diningroom currently has a 48" cabinets, but I'd like to go a bit smaller and also have glass doors in them... I do like the look of a cabinets that goes from the countertop to the ceiling.... dark grey wall color will stay the same. I will try to attach pictures of what the kitchen looks like now...

Comments (4)