SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Seedlings and New Daylilies for Thursday

shive
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It's back and 90's today, and once again the air conditioning is not working right. I hope the repair guy gets here soon.

This seedling first bloomed last year. It is garden named "Nadine" and has a seven-inch bloom. It was supposed to be Victorian Lace x Lace Sampler, but I thought that was unlikely. It multiplied from one to three fans, and I hope it will continue to improve its height and bud count in coming years.

This is the last of the Cexy Samantha x Bubblegum Delicious kids, and it has the most bubbly white edge. At first I thought it was just another bloom on #2, since it has multiple scapes and multiple blooms today. It's a rose pink too, but the edge is different. I like all the flowers in the this cross.

Abiliene Lillian x Ruby Lipstick has a taller better-budded scape this year. I crossed it this morning with Rosie With A Ring.

Cretaceous Crunch x Julie Newmar doesn't have as many teeth as last year. Maybe it's weather-related.

Here's Alan Lane Agin X Cosmic Sensation. A lot of my seedlings over the years have this as a parent. It's very sunfast, well-budded and multiplies well. This is not a clump. These are two- and three-fan divisions in the line-out bed. At one time, I thought of registering this one, but now I'm thinking I won't.

Now for some new and almost new daylilies.

Persian Opal - The edge is very interesting on this one.

Hearts That Care - I got it last year, but this is the first time it's bloomed. Bright color, but I was expecting a bit more edge.

Empire of Dawn and Dusk - I got this one last year after Hoosier Nan raved about it's clean color and hybridizing value. This is the first year it's bloomed. Hoosier Nan was right!

Pistil Whipped - I got this one last year and it has multiplied well. I don't buy many dips, but I love this face.

Twirling Tower was one I bought last year that only had a few buds then. It's increased well and just started blooming today.

Debra

Comments (10)