SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

What's going on here

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I have been 'lurking' and enjoying all your beautiful photos and quite honestly, missing you all. As I messaged some of you, my family hit a rough patch the past few months and I haven't had the time to comment or post. It started in December when my family got ill with Covid and it lasted a few rough weeks, then in mid-January my father in law had a stroke, went into the hospital and contracted Covid there, passed away in February. In March my husband took the motorcycle out for the first time this year (the first warmish day here in New Hampshire) with our grandson as passenger.....it was hubby's birthday so they were coming back after a short ride to celebrate. They only went 2 miles down the road and were hit by a distracted driver in a pickup truck. Our grandson was thrown from the bike into the highway but thankfully had minor injuries. Hubby got the worst of it with the truck hitting full force (side impact) and crushing his left leg between the bike and the truck. His knee was broken at the tibia (tibial plateau fracture). They both were transported by separate ambulances to the hospital. I could not go in with either on account of Covid regulations. No one would give me information about their conditions so I sat in my car in the parking lot and cried. Anyhow, it has been 12 weeks since and hubby is still unable to work but cannot get unemployment compensation because he owns his own business, which is now struggling to stay afloat. He has been going to physical therapy and will have to continue for some time. The prognosis for his full recovery is guarded since he already had arthritis in that knee and his job is repairing equipment. I have had to undertake all the chores hubby took care of in addition to watching grandchildren and tending all the gardens, planting out hundreds of seedlings, etc. I barely have time to sleep let alone post! To top off a bad spring, we lost our beloved kitty Kiko to kidney cancer in April. New Hampshire had a severe drought last year and it continues on this year with very little rainfall. Some parts of the state

have gotten more than us and it's upsetting to see on radar that we are once again missing out! We are on a private well so watering is limited to the seedling beds. Everything else it's survival of the fittest. Those of you with too much rainfall please fill up some barrels and ship them here!

Anyway, I did manage to take some photos of what's going on around here and thought I would try to get back onto the forum from time to time. On a positive note I am seeing SCAPES starting!! And I will have hundreds of new seedlings blooming next month!

Columbines that self-sow

Lots of iris, most of which came from our friend Nancy in Kentucky

Peonies from Nancy too

Roses are starting up.....

Heaven on Earth

Loving Son

Yolande d' Aragon

Frontenac

Comments (16)