SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

2 Noids, any guesses?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

So about 4-5 years ago, a good friend of mine took over as Garden Manager at a nearby botanical gardens. It lost funding in the 2008 crash and sat idle for a number of years. It finally got new funding around 2014 and my friend took over the following year as I recall. There were overgrown beds and missing labels and tons of weeds. She dug up quite a few things and gave them to me as they were just getting tossed. These are a couple of hostas that I’ve had and never knew what they were.

This little guy has filled out considerably over time. I thought maybe Golden Tiara but the leaves are pretty small.

You can see the pot behind to the left that has Creeping Jenny and Blue Mouse Ears for size comparison. Leaf size is similar.

The second is another small guy. This plant is probably a 14-16” clump at this point. Initially the guess was Praying Hands or Curly Fries. But now that I have Curly Fries, the color is not even close. And there is no definitive margin so I think that rules out PH. But I’m not sure, obviously. It does get morning sun until about noon.

Shown with Pineapple Upsidedown Cake behind.

Comments (7)